Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
How are you getting a refund? I've emailed a few times about the issue I have with hooking up a subwoofer, and they won't respond anymore. I ended up buying an Audiocontrol Lc7i to run all of my sound, but I shouldn't have to spend $150 to get my sound right because the headunit isn't operating correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i bought and installed one today, installabout 10 minutes. I bought the 8 core android 8 version, i have a 13 Touring with Bose.

Everything is working perfectly except I am only getting sound from the radio, not from any other source - bluetooth and wifi connecting fine, I called and left a message on my wifes phone so the mic is working fine etc, simply no sound from any apps/phone etc. Radio is playing fine though?

It really is plug and play, seriously if it took more than 10 minutes to swap the head units i would be lying, very simple. Interface is very snappy, boot time is near zero. Just gotta figure out this sound issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It Doesn't Work

So I bought this unit on 11.11 for my 2014 GT. I can't get any sound out of it. It's almost as if the Bose amp isn't turning on. They're sending me a new motherboard to see if that works, but I have a feeling that the harness isn't right somehow. I made sure the amp was turned on like you stated in your attachment. Any advice? Everything else appears to work.
@VictoryIsMine do you remember what you needed to do to get this working?
I have a different head unit (Dasaita 9" android HU), but I think I may be having a similar issue - very faint sound when the volume is set to max. It seems like my amplifier isn't powered. My guess is the harness isn't wired correctly, but I'm not really sure what to look for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ah! Figured it out! (20 something hours later). For anyone interested, this video helped me:

(I turned on english translated close captions)

My kit from Dasaita came with a set of rca cables I didn't need to use. In the video above he throws them out before connecting the rest. Maybe these are useful with the Bose system, which I don't have? In any case, simply not connecting those 4 audio channels from the harness (and not connecting the audio rca cables to the head unit) worked like a charm.

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Ah! Figured it out! (20 something hours later). For anyone interested, this video helped me:

(I turned on english translated close captions)

My kit from Dasaita came with a set of rca cables I didn't need to use. In the video above he throws them out before connecting the rest. Maybe these are useful with the Bose system, which I don't have? In any case, simply not connecting those 4 audio channels from the harness (and not connecting the audio rca cables to the head unit) worked like a charm.
Glad you figured it out and thanks for posting your findings! I'm sure someone will be putting this info to good use in the future :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad you figured it out and thanks for posting your findings! I'm sure someone will be putting this info to good use in the future :)
Hi all may I ask if anyone may know I have a question about these stereo's I know nothing about them I brought one it's out of a Mazda 6 now what I want to find out is I own a "09" Nissan navara can I fit this stereo in the nav would I be able to get an adapter to suit the wiring harness to fit my oem stereo harness on my nav?
I've been trying google for help but not much info on what I need to know and google just shows results like this thread so I thought I'd ask see if anyone has done something similar and how I'd go about it thanks any insight would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Hi all may I ask if anyone may know I have a question about these stereo's I know nothing about them I brought one it's out of a Mazda 6 now what I want to find out is I own a "09" Nissan navara can I fit this stereo in the nav would I be able to get an adapter to suit the wiring harness to fit my oem stereo harness on my nav?
I've been trying google for help but not much info on what I need to know and google just shows results like this thread so I thought I'd ask see if anyone has done something similar and how I'd go about it thanks any insight would be appreciated
Welcome to the forum!

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to take a stereo from an 09 Nissan and put it in your Mazda 6? It all depends on what kind of unit the Navara has in it. If it's a Nissan-specific model (like the 3rd gen Mazda has a Mazda-specific unit), then I doubt you'd be able to get everything working properly, regardless if you had all the correct wire connections.

However, if it's an aftermarket-style unit that's just running something like Android, you might be able to swap it in with minimal issue.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
No, not really a possibility, mainly cause the Nav unit would prob have Bose and youd need the amp or aftermarket amps to power the speakers. Also, the commander knob is needed to control it.

Welcome to the forum!

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to take a stereo from an 09 Nissan and put it in your Mazda 6? It all depends on what kind of unit the Navara has in it. If it's a Nissan-specific model (like the 3rd gen Mazda has a Mazda-specific unit), then I doubt you'd be able to get everything working properly, regardless if you had all the correct wire connections.

However, if it's an aftermarket-style unit that's just running something like Android, you might be able to swap it in with minimal issue.
Nope, opposite, Mazda into Nissan.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts