Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Patches Patches,

I'm from Hungary! English is my 2nd language so I hope I will be understandable.

I read here that you bought and use this head unit since a while. I'm very close to order one and I made a long time research on the internet about this head unit with not too much results. I have a 2014 M6 Touring with that terrible tomtom navi and also with that terrible NB1 infotainment system. I would like to ask a few questions from you about some functions of this unit. If you would have time to answer them I would be grateful for that.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really appreciate for that! First of all:

0. Do you still like it? Is it still work well? Chinese, you know...:smile2:

1. Aliexpress site says that it has android 6.0. Did you get a higher android version, or security, or any other update since you own it? I didn't find information on their site about support.
2. Will this work with my stock rear view camera? Important, I have a wife...
3. Can I connect it to the stock USB socket inside the arm rest?
4. I will lost the tomtom navi with this unit so I plan to use a free navigation software somehow. Has it built-in navi or it works only on a micro sd card?
5. Will this work with mazda's stock gps antenna or must to install it's own from box?
6. If I have gps antenna, do I need internet connection to use navi software on the sd card? (of course if you have experiences on this way)
7. Do you use mirror-link? If yes is it work well?
8. Site says steering wheel control works with this. Is it true?
9. Android devices are sometimes slowing down after a while. Do you have experience such things?
10. Has it an acceptable sound quality at least like the stock unit has?
11. What about the radio? I read somewhere that it has a little bit weak AM-FM receiver.
12. Will this work with car's stock microphone to hands free calling or it works only with it's own from box?

I know these are a lot of questions, please just answer as much as you have time to do so. Thank you again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
These are all similar questions I have had before purchasing. Keep in mind my unit is from September 2017. I have read that they released a revised unit with external microphone and newer firmware. I have requested firmware from seller and waiting for them to send.

0. I do like the unit its not bad at all and very convenient.

1. Software updates is not something that you will find in any of these over-seas units. It is also not readily available. I have requested the new December version for testing and they said will send it in a week. I currently have android 6.0.1

2. Worked perfectly fine with my camera. I it is a little more pixely due to stretching the stock screen to this larger one. I am ordered a high def camera to patch in to see if it looks better but as long as you get the right package it will work fine.

3. I have not been able to get the armrest usb to respond with this unit. I have tried the adapter they sent with unis and a metra adapter and no luck. the only other way is to hard wire it. Unit comes with two usb ports for now they are in the glove box.

4. I have not played with the gps feature as I use waze on my phone, you can use any application found in the play store as navi and offline apps will store on unit or sd card the offline maps.

5.It does not work with the stock antenna, however I removed the stock one (located under the center speaker grill) and put the new one in its place.

6.You do not need a internet connection to navigate. Sygic comes on the unit you can also use google and a few other ones that support offline navigation. You will need a connection to download the offline maps for use.

7.No experience with mirror link. Have not found a need for it.

8. Yes after a little configuration Steering controls MAKE SURE YOU ORDER A CANBUS with it

9.I have not noticed much of a difference so far in slowness

10.In my opinion the sound is better than the stock unit

11. I only use the fm radio for two stations and dont use it much but i would rate it as same as stock

12.This one is important. The unit does not use the stock microphone and unlike the newer unit mine did not have an option for an external microphone. Instead mine was built in. I could hear people well but had complains from different users that they heard me echoing when I spoke, I tried different things and it has not improved. I plan on hard wiring an external one soon.

I feel the built in mic was a design flaw and it seems they have corrected that issue with the option to use an separate external one

Happy to answer anymore questions as they come through

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, you are really helpful, thank you very much! All your answers are good news for me this is I am actually looking for. I think these question and answers will perfect information for anyone here who wants to buy this in the future.

In my understanding, they revised their unit so you have the older unit with no external microphone in the box. Right? You wrote that you plan to wiring an external microphone. Are you able to connect it to the unit? I mean does it has socket on it's back to receive an external microphone? If it's true that they revised their unit then I think if I order one today I will get the newer unit with ext. mic. in the box and with the newer firmware.

I have no problem to hard wiring a mic. or a gps antenna or an usb cable so what do you think, the usb cable that comes with the unit, is it long enough to reach the arm rest? If yes, I will led a cable parallel with the stock cable to charging my phone and the another will go to the glove box for an external drive.

Steering wheel and canbus. Did you order individually the canbus or that came with the unit? Because what you linked aliexpress link in your first post of this thread that leads me to the right place, but if I scroll down on the site there is a sentence I quote them " If your car has native/original Navi or BOSE audio system or native rearview camera, you need to order this model: " Then I hit on the picture right below of the sentence (the picture shows the unit + canbus) and that leads me to another aliexpress site. This is it:

(Sorry, I copied a link to here but I wasn't able to submit. I don't have enough post on this site to do so. But if you follow the steps written above you will reach that site)

On the last picture (the picture of parts) of the unit you can see there's the canbus that comes as a part (however I don't see an external mic. among the parts and I don't know this is the revised model or not). So I plan to order this one. Did you order this or that you linked first? Because there is no canbus on the pictures. I'm sorry for this, I just wanna order everything together I need to install this.

I'm happy to hear that you satisfied with this, I hope I will too. I know this is a much cheaper solution than $500+ for a Pioneer unit with Android Auto (or more $ if that has built in navi, it's ridiculously expensive in the world of tons of free navi software, but it's my opinion), which probably has a much better quality like this one, but it is still a huge upgrade like using mazda's own.

Thank you again for you time!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm liking mine a lot. I installed Car Launcher Pro, and I like the interface a lot better. It sometimes seems to be a little laggy, but I got an update for Car Launcher Pro a few days ago, and it appears to be better. I have no regrets buying it now that it is all hooked up and working properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

First of all I'm sorry for my english.

Guys, I need your help to connect this unit. I was trying to do this himself but I have no sound. Probably I should do something with "Amp-Cont" wire as you wrote here.

However I'm not sure how I should connect all cable.

Link to photo:
drive.google.com/file/d/1eTf1M_Jh6g0DbfK_5ri6F4fgafk6cxfo/view?usp=sharing

1. Where I should connect cable nr 1? What is his function?
2. Where I should connect cable nr 2 ("Aux R In" and "Aux L In")? Somewhere in cable nr 5 ("Aux Lin" and "Aux Rin")?
3. Where I should connect cable nr 3 ("Cam Vide In")? With "CCDVIN" in cable 5 or it is for another cam Sinosmart (I bought that too)?
4. In cable nr 4 is "AMP-CONT" and "Brake" as alone wire. What is their function? I should connect those things with something?
5. Did I should connect cable nr 5 with cable nr 6? I marked red. For example "FR+" with "Front L Out"?
6. In cable nr 6 is "CCDVIN" (marked black) and "Key 1" and "Key 2" as alone wire. I have no idea what I should do with this.

I have Mazda 6 with Bose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

First of all I'm sorry for my english.

Guys, I need your help to connect this unit. I was trying to do this himself but I have no sound. Probably I should do something with "Amp-Cont" wire as you wrote here.

However I'm not sure how I should connect all cable.

Link to photo:
drive.google.com/file/d/1eTf1M_Jh6g0DbfK_5ri6F4fgafk6cxfo/view?usp=sharing

1. Where I should connect cable nr 1? What is his function?
2. Where I should connect cable nr 2 ("Aux R In" and "Aux L In")? Somewhere in cable nr 5 ("Aux Lin" and "Aux Rin")?
3. Where I should connect cable nr 3 ("Cam Vide In")? With "CCDVIN" in cable 5 or it is for another cam Sinosmart (I bought that too)?
4. In cable nr 4 is "AMP-CONT" and "Brake" as alone wire. What is their function? I should connect those things with something?
5. Did I should connect cable nr 5 with cable nr 6? I marked red. For example "FR+" with "Front L Out"?
6. In cable nr 6 is "CCDVIN" (marked black) and "Key 1" and "Key 2" as alone wire. I have no idea what I should do with this.

I have Mazda 6 with Bose.

1. You don't have to connect cable 1. It doesn't work with our factory USB.
2. If I remember correctly, yes.
3. I believe you need to connect it to the one on number 6. I'm trying to go from memory here. If that doesn't work, try another yellow one that will mate up to it until it works. You won't hurt anything trying to plug the yellow RCA cables together.
4. I don't remember having a "Brake" wire. The AMP-CONT has to be hooked up to cable 6 with the AMP-CONT wire on it. (They messed mine up and cable 4 didn't have the AMP-CONT wire, so I had to cut a wire. Hopefully, yours is correct)
5. You should just be able to match up the FR with the FR, FL with the FL, RL with the RL, and RR with the RR. If I remember correctly, the yellow ones on cable 6 go to the red and white ones on cable 5. You don't use the green one on cable 5 unless you have an aftermarket subwoofer you want to run.
6. Key 1 and Key 2 you don't need to do anything with. The "CCDVIN" should match up from cable 6 to the one on cable 3 like I mentioned above.

I hope this helps. Like I said, I'm going from memory, so if I'm wrong I'm sorry in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your reply. It was really helpful.

I got the message from Sinosmart too. I just need to connect botht "AMP-CONT" wire as you wrote. I haven't saw "AMP-CONT" wire in cable 6 yesterday, because cable 6 consist with 2 cables. I forgot about that.

Today I will trying connect this unit one more time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi JarekPL,

I will try to help you, but just like VictoryIsMine only from memory. I just installed it about a month ago and I remember, at first look it was a mess for me. No install instructions in the box just a paper they wrote on it, "there are many installation videos on the internet to connect it". Thanks. I did not find anything on the web, though.

1. That cable is mystery for me. There is no connector or any place to connect it. BTW my usb is working in the arm rest, one of the white connector on the cable #6 is the usb.
2. Correct, as Victory wrote. That is the plug of the 3,5 jack aux in the hole of the arm rest.
3. The #3 cable connect to the black circled cable on #6 if I remember well. If it isn't work so, connect it to the cable #5 video in. BTW the resolution with stock cam is very bad, but that cam's resolution has been optimize to the stock head unit's screen size, which is much smaller. So this is not the unit's fault.
4. That cable is actually an extension of cable #6 . My car is without a bose system, so I'm just guessing, that cable turns the bose amp on, or that is a remote cable for any aftermarket amp. But again not sure I'm correct.
5. I did't connect all of those cables except the green one cuz I have a subwoofer. As I wrote I'm without bose, so maybe those cable for the more number of speakers in cars with bose. IMO those yellow cables for mazdas which equipped with radars. Again, not sure.
6. Black circled plug see post #3 . Key 1-2, newer mysteries, I didn't anything with them.

I hope you can use these informations to install it. This is a typical chinese thing, I mean there is no instruction to install something. After a while I found it how to do and you will too, but many connectors left that I don't know what they do. Actually you can't go wrong just test everything before you put the unit to it's place permanently. I made a mistake with the cable connection at first time and I had to put it from the dash off to correct it. Believe me, getting out of this unit from the dash is a real pain and suffering. So test every function at least 2 times to see those are working well.

Some info about the unit:

- It has 2 usb cable, I routed them to the glove box. I use one of them with a 1TB external drive. Works well, loading is fast.
- This is a newer model already so the unit hasn't a micro sd card slot. It has a built in 32GB memory.
- It has android 6.0.1 and they said upgrading to android 7 will comes in the near future.
- The unit comes with rooted android, if that matters.
- IMO the sound quality is worse than the stock unit has, so my next step is to install an amp. The whole unit isn't heavier than 1kg, so it's impossible that this unit can push 4x45W out.
- FM radio works well.
- It has a built in mic. Sometimes I need to speak louder but phone calling and voice controlled apps are working well.
- There are some menus with password. The password is 3368.
- Steering wheel buttons all work no need to set, except the mic button (the button with that speaker head). Nothing happen when I push it. If someone knows how to make it to work, please share with me. I can't set anything in the steering wheel setting menu.
- Command knob. Rotating the knob doesn't do anything. Push the knob up or down to seeking in the radio or skip to next/previous song in a music app. Push knob left or right is the volume. Phone button lead to phone dialing, the set button to the home screen, the audio button to the audio equalizer settings (so not to the music app, it doesn't make sense), the nav button to the default navi app (it came with a factory installed iGo navi which is totally unusable so I uninstalled it). You can change the default navi in the settings to any downloaded navi app. Remapping the command knob is not possible.
- Wifi works well but a little bit slow, it takes time to download a bigger file even at high speed wifi connection. It works well with my phone's hot spot.
- The UI is not the fastest but not too slow. I uninstalled a couple of factory installed apps, this made it a bit faster.
- A GPS antenna has came with the unit. I installed it in the place of the stock one, under the grill on the top of the dash. It works well until now, never lose the sign.

That's all I remember now. Feel free if you have any other question I'll try to help you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone else hooked up an aftermarket subwoofer to this? It just doesn't sound right. Almost like there is a delay. Is it possible that the setting for the Bose Centerpoint was saved from the old radio? Also, it only appears to be working from the Right Front when I fade from left to right and front to rear. I realize I shouldn't expect amazing sound with this unit, but I figure the sub channel not being affected by the fader is a pretty basic function. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looking for a file in the unit if anyone can send to me
Located: /system/mcu/McuUpdateAll_R76.bin

Thanks for any help. Working on software modes

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just use the hotspot on my phone for internet. I also downloaded Google Maps for navigation. I also tried Waze, but it never seems to work right on this head unit.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts