Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT BUYER BEWARE
IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, IF YOU HAVE ANY TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THIS DEVICE FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD THE SELLER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EFFICIENTLY HELP YOU.

Purchased a sinosmart android unit from aliexpress.com. Working to get you all a video review ans somewhat of a setup guide. Ordered this unit on the October 11th and it arrived October 16th via DHL.
Item Can be Purchased Here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quad-Core-1-8GHz-CPU-RAM-2G-9-inch-Super-big-flat-screen-Android-4-4/32564405828.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.9bmgxd

I have a 2014 m6 Grand Touring with bose and navigation

Features:
-Joystick\commander switch does work but has its flaws
-Working to get stock usb to work with unit (adapter sent with unit was wrong, Tried scoshe adapter - no go)
-MicroSD card slot in rear of unit Max 32gb capacity
-Includes 2 usb Ports
-Bluetooth works
-Able to adjust car settings (locks,light wipers)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Install Notes:
-Everything is plug and play
-No wiring harnesses or dash kits needed
-Had to shave top 3 notches Slightly to get them to clip in
-Bottom White clips needed from old bezel

I can supply more images if anyone shows any intrest

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please provide more info and tons of pictures. The lacking bluetooth connection is getting bothersome! Plug and play is music to my ears.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It Doesn't Work

So I bought this unit on 11.11 for my 2014 GT. I can't get any sound out of it. It's almost as if the Bose amp isn't turning on. They're sending me a new motherboard to see if that works, but I have a feeling that the harness isn't right somehow. I made sure the amp was turned on like you stated in your attachment. Any advice? Everything else appears to work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So I bought this unit on 11.11 for my 2014 GT. I can't get any sound out of it. It's almost as if the Bose amp isn't turning on. They're sending me a new motherboard to see if that works, but I have a feeling that the harness isn't right somehow. I made sure the amp was turned on like you stated in your attachment. Any advice? Everything else appears to work.
I just installed this three days ago. victory. did you hook up the two wires that say amp?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I only had one wire that said "amp-con" on it. There was no wire to attach it to. I looked at the wiring diagrams and I attempted to connect it to the factory Bose wire, but I still did not have any sound. Do you have any pictures of your harness by chance? That definitely sounds like the issue. Now I just need to convince the seller of that. Instead, they wanted to send me a new motherboard and have me replace it. Ugh.

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
Oh man....why am I just reading this thread? Can anyone else confirm the commander knob/steering wheel controls work (relatively) well? If so, it would be really tempting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It appears to be working similar to what I saw in the Smart Rover thread. I haven't done extensive testing since I've been focused on getting sound to work, but it does have some function.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I got the motherboard today and replaced it. Everything is now in Chinese. I was able to use Google Translate and somehow get to the radio function to test the sound, and still a no go. This is the fifth time I've torn my dash apart to try to make this radio work. Unless they send me a new radio and the correct harness, I don't think I could recommend this unit. This is so frustrating. The original poster had my hopes up too, but now I'm wondering if he's just on here to sell this radio since he never responded.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm having an issue getting the photo to upload. I only have one of the Amp Cont wires, and there is nothing to hook it up to. I've asked the seller to send me a new harness, so fingers crossed they will ship it quickly and I'll be up and running.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just saw it earlier. I couldn't respond to it because I haven't met the 15 post limit yet. I was finally able to get it working, though! After several emails back and forth with the seller, I cut a wire out of the harness and connected it to the "amp-cont" wire, and I finally have sound. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but so far I'm loving it. Thanks for offering your assistance. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For some reason I want getting emails on this thread. If there are any other questions let me know. I am having a hard time working with the seller

1 - 20 of 48 Posts