Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Convinced the issue is my door latches (despite soaking then in WD-40), I used a bluetooth OBDII reader to monitor the door door switches over the past couple weeks. I finally caught my front passenger door switch showing the door open as I drove around corners and over rough roads. With that information, I have ordered a new latch for that door. I'll update if that solves my problem.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Quick update! This afternoon, I replaced the door latch on the front passenger door. You have to damn near gut the door to do this...inner panel, speakers, glass, wiring. Took about 2 hours following workshop manual instructions. If I had to do it again, it might only take 40 minutes or so.

Hopefully my random alarms, weekly dead battery, and flickering dome light issues are gone. I'll update with my findings!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Quick update! This afternoon, I replaced the door latch on the front passenger door. You have to damn near gut the door to do this...inner panel, speakers, glass, wiring. Took about 2 hours following workshop manual instructions. If I had to do it again, it might only take 40 minutes or so.

Hopefully my random alarms, weekly dead battery, and flickering dome light issues are gone. I'll update with my findings!
Thank you for updating us.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Two week update to my update! The alarm has been silenced! The bad switch in the door latch is gone and with it the random alarms and spastic dome light.

But... I am still having my battery die every weekend. It seems like after charging it on a battery tender Sunday then normal driving every weekday, it'll die Saturday if I don't start it up before 8 or 9am. Sometimes I can tell by the starter noise that it's slowly getting weaker throughout the work week. Sigh I'm looking at the new Mazda 3 hatch. Guess I'll just have to put up with it until I decide to trade in.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Two week update to my update! The alarm has been silenced! The bad switch in the door latch is gone and with it the random alarms and spastic dome light.

But... I am still having my battery die every weekend. It seems like after charging it on a battery tender Sunday then normal driving every weekday, it'll die Saturday if I don't start it up before 8 or 9am. Sometimes I can tell by the starter noise that it's slowly getting weaker throughout the work week. Sigh I'm looking at the new Mazda 3 hatch. Guess I'll just have to put up with it until I decide to trade in.
I was about to recommend a battery tender...

You must have a parasitic load and this I believe is a challenge to look at. I hope we can hear some experts' advice on how to proceed.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Couple more weeks. No more alarms. Maybe one of the other latches is bad but not as bad as the one I replaced? ?‍♂
I took my car in for Oil/Tires yesterday and had them look at the battery drain. I guess they spent an hour pulling fuses and found that something on the ROOM fuse is drawing 0.4 amps. This is likely something I have added or messed with. I guess I'll have to pull the stereo I put in as well as any other aftermarket stuff and check my wiring.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Couple more weeks. No more alarms. Maybe one of the other latches is bad but not as bad as the one I replaced? ?‍♂
I took my car in for Oil/Tires yesterday and had them look at the battery drain. I guess they spent an hour pulling fuses and found that something on the ROOM fuse is drawing 0.4 amps. This is likely something I have added or messed with. I guess I'll have to pull the stereo I put in as well as any other aftermarket stuff and check my wiring.
At least, you have a lead where to start. Kindly update us on your progress as you troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Australian Mazda GH 2008 2.5L Manual Sports Luxury
After a year of this happening i have finally decided to give this a go. Its not for everybody but it costs nothing. Trick is to bridge the wires for the door ajar sensor in the problem door. All this will mean is your car wont be able to tell when that door is open. e.g. can lock it when its open and light wont come on if passenger opens it at night. Something im willing to bear.
After a trend started on this forum showing a common issue of the door latches showing ajar so i knew it must be one of them, especially since as the problem became moreefrequent, my door ajar light started coming on whilst driving. I went to a friendly Autoelectrician that gave me the entire electrical manual for my car for free (what a legend) and i knew i had to disable (bridge) the door ajar sensor in each door until it stopped. Below is the diagram for all 4 doors.

As per the diagram, the wires that need to be bridged are as follows:
Driver: Black/Blue with Black/Yellow
Front Passenger: Red/Green with Black/Yellow
Rear Right: White/Black with Black
Rear Left: Black/White with Black

I litteraly stuck a stripped end insulated wire into the back of the plug for the two relevant ones.

Take the door panel off (youtube) and the plug is at the back near the latch.
Then its a matter of process of elimination, this is my back right door, i bridged the white w/ black stripe and black wires and the door light went off.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts

I have electrical manuals diagrams for the following VIN numbers (last 8 dig not relevant):
Manual 1
JM0GG1032
JM0GG10F2
JM0GY1032
JM6GG1032
JM6GG10F2
JM6GY1032
JM0GG10R2
JM0GY10R2

Manual 2
JM0GG1032 (MPS version)

Manual 3
JM0GG1031
JM0GG10F1
JM0GY1031
JM6GG1031
JM6GG10F1

Manual 4
JM0GH1021
JM0GH1051
JM0GH10F1

Manual 5
JM0GH1022
JM0GH1052
JM0GH10F2

my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
View attachment 238581
I have electrical manuals diagrams for the following VIN numbers (last 8 dig not relevant):
Manual 1
JM0GG1032
JM0GG10F2
JM0GY1032
JM6GG1032
JM6GG10F2
JM6GY1032
JM0GG10R2
JM0GY10R2

Manual 2
JM0GG1032 (MPS version)

Manual 3
JM0GG1031
JM0GG10F1
JM0GY1031
JM6GG1031
JM6GG10F1

Manual 4
JM0GH1021
JM0GH1051
JM0GH10F1

Manual 5
JM0GH1022
JM0GH1052
JM0GH10F2

my email is [email protected]
This is very disappointing as mine starts JM7GL4S27J...

Anyways, thank you for your time. Perhaps the other members might also be interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm the battery makes sense! It's been about 5 years since my car is an 09 but was made in 08 another weird thing that happened I was driving and had my music blasting pretty loud and I got a door open light on the dash and the interior lights were turning on and off def gonna look into that though thanks!
You need to replace your door sensors at least one of them is faulty and that is why the interior lights are turning on and off and why your alarm is going off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Convinced the issue is my door latches (despite soaking then in WD-40), I used a bluetooth OBDII reader to monitor the door door switches over the past couple weeks. I finally caught my front passenger door switch showing the door open as I drove around corners and over rough roads. With that information, I have ordered a new latch for that door. I'll update if that solves my problem.

Can I ask which OBD reader you used? Trying to get a straight answer on which ones can and can't read alarm data is proving tricky!

81 - 100 of 113 Posts