Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
my ignition knob looks like @TiGraySpeed6's soo i need to replace that before i put the new knob on??? or does it slap right onto the gray part? i'm still snowed out of my car lol

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
if you have the grey/black cover attached to your ignition after removing the factory knob, you will need to gently pry it out with a small flat head screwdriver (or something similar).

Still snowed out from when you sent those pics? damn that's somethin, where do you live? Denver is about to get a foot! Which is fantastic. Our winter as far as snow has been lacking and has been the cause of a few core shots to my snowboard. :(

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
if you have the grey/black cover attached to your ignition after removing the factory knob, you will need to gently pry it out with a small flat head screwdriver (or something similar).

Still snowed out from when you sent those pics? damn that's somethin, where do you live? Denver is about to get a foot! Which is fantastic. Our winter as far as snow has been lacking and has been the cause of a few core shots to my snowboard. :(

haha yah, we got 3 storms back to back each week. like a foot of snow each time. and i'm not currently driving the car since i need diff mounts. so it's just been sitting there. the battery is dead also so i haven't even bothered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope you're still interested making these, because my (repaired) ignition knob just cracked again. I sent an email through your ArtGallery website -- fantastic work here!

Tony

·
Super Moderator
16,808 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,808 Posts
Hey Tony I tried sending you a message a week or two ago. Your part is totally finished. I just need your email address so I can send you a PayPal invoice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Use @tonyyikes <-- The mention by default will send him an email to the address he signed up with. PMs by default do not notify the member :)

So he should have gotten an email about this post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you @Byakaya -- for some reason I didn't get the notification of the email by @Halozander on the 26th but I did get this mention, and I've responded. And I'm excited about seeing the custom part!

Thanks to you both -- I'll take pics and give it a mini-review when I get it installed. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Woo hoo got it in today. (Well, actually it was probably yesterday but I didn't check the mail until today.) Fit is perfect. Super easy installation -- this is what the overcomplicated underengineered flimsy factory part should have been.

Perfect packaging, easy install. Package includes a sheet of instructions, in case you need 'em. I also attached pics of the old knob and my former attempt at repair of the old knob with thread and super glue. :)

Thank you thank you @Halozander for a perfect solution to a problem that I bet a lot of us have.

:)

Tony

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,808 Posts
Lol, even comes with instructions and whatnot - Nice work @Halozander, it looks great.

....Now how about some nicer paddle shifters for the 3rd gen :grin2:

81 - 100 of 113 Posts