Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'll check what size is my sdcard (16GB, IIRC).

Last time I asked my dealer to update my infotainment system there was a mention on the invoice that they checked if I had the latest card. Again, IIRC, the previous model was smaller (8 GB?) and could cause some problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
So my sdcard is the USA/CAN/MEX model BHP1 66 EZ1J, 16GB capacity.

I've checked again my invoice and there's most likely a problem with the 8GB version.

I'll translate what's on the invoice (it's in French and a very approximate French to be honest) :
NAVIGATION SYSTEM CONNECT
VERIFY SCREEN BECOME BLACK, NO BACKUP CAMERA, NO APPLE CARPLAY VISUAL
diag : punch 1 : verify, screen become black
cause : verify service bulletins for this problem
punch 2 : verify gps card is the new card which doesn't have the problem of the 8g
punch 3 : verify mazda connect update, current version is 70.00.100. updated to 70.00.335
punch 4 : did factory reset and when setting the system to french, doesn't work. unplugged the battery 15 minutes, did factory reset and programmed system to french. customer must pair phone to system.
1.10 hrs no charge

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sooo, probably wrong forum and wrong thread but... Just got my wife a ‘13 CX-5 GT (no nav). Haven’t had any luck finding the nav module at a price I’m willing to pay but I did find a nav module from a ‘15 M6 for $150.00CAD with the SD included. Any thoughts on wether it would work for me or am I going down the wrong rabbit hole?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just received one for my 17 Touring that I bought from Amazon for $75. BHP166EZ1J (8GB). I am updating the January 2020 update via Mazda Toolbox now. I hope I have three years of updates for the SD card. Others say the three years is tied to the VIN. I did buy the car new in Nov 2016. Worst case, I'll buy a new updated card in a few years if they are still offered or if I still have the car. I will still primarily use Apple Maps on my phone for traffic. I decided to get the built-in nav since it is so much cheaper compared to what the dealer was trying to charge me back in 2016. Hopefully it will work properly even though I have read the Nav on our cars is not that great. But for $75, it's not too bad of an investment.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The built-in Nav is OK - if it had live traffic it would be so much better. I agree with you, though, that the $75 spent on the SD card is worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anybody help, I recently bought a mazda 6 that comes with the tomtom sat nav but it didnt have a sd card. Whats my options apart from going to the dealer? The tomtom sd cards i see on ebay/amazon are all 2016 models, is it possible to update those? or can I get a blank sd card and download the maps somehow? Bit confused on what to do here

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up purchasing an ebay card after. It works the same as the standard version although mazda navigation leaves a lot to be desired, its not the greatest system. The ebay link below is where I got mine for €26

41 - 57 of 57 Posts