Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks, dcoulombe. I didn't realize it takes driving around, thank you. My concern is - if my VIN is recorded on the card and therefore the Mazda Toolbox knows they year of the car, does that somehow block the card from being updated? While the card is from 2019 (code K) the car is an early 2016. Make sense?
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. I would think that you'll be ok, but you'll have to be the guinea pig... Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Update 1-7-2020: I received my Nav SD card (BHP166EZ1K) and installed it. No problems at all, installed in one minute or less to load. Everything looks good, now to lean how to use it. First take it does look like it has more features then my Garmin Nuvi 40.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Updated my SD nav card with the Mazda Toolbox for 2020. This card is a Mazda p/n that I purchased on e-bay. After registering & logging in, I followed the instructions and updated the nav cards maps for 2020. No problems, the SD card is now registered to my Mazda Vin and was noted the updates are good to 2023.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did you have to drive around or anything? I also got the same part number BHP166EZ1K but the Mazda Toolbox says No Updates Available. dcoulombe said I would need to drive 60 miles - I am about 20 miles away from that.

I'd welcome any more details - did you do put the card into the Mazda Toolbox first and update it? Or did you install it in the car first and drive it?

Glad this worked for you and would love to pick your brain, since mine didn't work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you have to drive around or anything? I also got the same part number BHP166EZ1K but the Mazda Toolbox says No Updates Available. dcoulombe said I would need to drive 60 miles - I am about 20 miles away from that.

I'd welcome any more details - did you do put the card into the Mazda Toolbox first and update it? Or did you install it in the car first and drive it?

Glad this worked for you and would love to pick your brain, since mine didn't work.
I had SD card in the car since Jan 2020 and the only reason I updated was a e-mail from Mazda about new maps. The toolbox instructions just said: start car with SD card installed. shut car off & remove card .
insert in your PC slot and follow the Toolbox instructions. Just make sure you are logged in to the Toolbox. Hope this helps.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts