Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2010 M6 and had them do the crossmember recall and the sticky panel. They did fine on the crossmember, but for the sticky panel, they glued down some new dash panel fabric, left glue residue on the windshield. I have tried a number of cleaners and solvents but now the residue is smeared all over the inside glass and is hard to see with the sun shining on it. The service mgr says bring it in to see if his detailers have anything that will remove the smearing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just spoke to Mazda yesterday because I'm having the same issue with my 2010 Mazda6 passenger side dash melting. The car is out of warranty and I was told it was because I lived in the hot climate of Louisiana. I've never had a car do this before in 46 years of driving in Louisiana.

It's almost as if the material over the passenger air bag is different from the rest of the dash because that's the only place it's melting.

I'm bringing the car into the dealership tomorrow so a Mazda rep can look at it. I'll post the results tomorrow.
That's exactly what it is. Mine is the same way, and it started with a small crack that developed over a really cold winter about 5 years ago. I had the airbag replaced (the recall they did a couple years ago) and when they lifted the dash, the tar-like material got stuck on my windshield. They didn't bother cleaning it, and it took a degreaser & an hour of scrubbing to get it off. If I put a good interior cleaner on it, it helps. But it only lasts a few days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our 2011 Mazda 6 has now developed this same issue. We moved to florida, much higher UV and humidity...passenger dash melting. Will call the dealership and see if there's anything they will do.

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 6 i Sport.
32 Posts
Our 2011 Mazda 6 has now developed this same issue. We moved to florida, much higher UV and humidity...passenger dash melting. Will call the dealership and see if there's anything they will do.
Did you get this fixed? I go in next week for recall work and I want to know if I can get it fixed as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is super tacky and sticky and it looks like fuzz sticks to it... The problem is Mazda saying that it's not covered but the original little crack that I had was next to the little right corner vent after leaving it at the dealership for 3 months during the winter months before the part was in for the recall. After I got it back it looked like a puzzle piece from the expansion in the airbag compartment..I believe something to do with the release of the gasesthat were inside the airbag causing the dashboard to be sticky and melted..It's disgusting and brings down the value of my car for something I never had anything to do with... This is straight up fraudulence!

·
Registered
4 Posts
See The weird texture and how it's got fuzzy stuck to it and it almost has this different consistency to it.. My driver's side doesn't even come close to looking like that just the passenger side

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 6 i Sport.
32 Posts
Laura, that sucks.
I was able to get mine replaced under warranty, I had to be a little persistent and saccharine sweet, but I got it done.
If you cannot get it done through the dealership call up Mazda USA, they do not like hearing bad things and will make it right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello folks,

My 2009 mazda 6 also has the same issue with melting dashboard. When i called mazda customer service, they said extended warranty period expired. Did any of you had success getting your dashboard fixed after warranty expired?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts