Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 2009 Mazda 6 and the dashboard is literally melting. online I found some complaints that others were having with this problem on the Mazda 3 and the 6. anyone of you having this problem? if so, what did Mazda do to correct this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we called Mazda and also had the sales rep look at it. they don't want to do anything about it. but online I found a thread that they replaced a dash with the same problem on a Mazda 3 out of warranty.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
If the car is still under the bumper to bumper factory warranty period, it most certainly is a warrantable item. If there's an extended warranty that's on the car, then it may or may not be covered.

How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys, my Mazda 6 2009 Dashboard (the passenger side) is so sticky, specially in hot sun while the day, any solution for problem ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just spoke to Mazda yesterday because I'm having the same issue with my 2010 Mazda6 passenger side dash melting. The car is out of warranty and I was told it was because I lived in the hot climate of Louisiana. I've never had a car do this before in 46 years of driving in Louisiana.

It's almost as if the material over the passenger air bag is different from the rest of the dash because that's the only place it's melting.

I'm bringing the car into the dealership tomorrow so a Mazda rep can look at it. I'll post the results tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was told that Mazda would pay for the dashboard part ($226.96) and I had to pay for the labor ($324.84). This was at the dealership in Metairie, LA. I was most unhappy over the fact that I had to make a decision as to whether or not they did the work by 5:00 pm on the same day the Mazda representative looked at it or they would withdraw the offer.

This is such a disappointment. I had a Mazda 626 that was 11 years old when someone totaled it on me. This car is not quite 5 years old and that part of the dash has to be replaced to correct the problem. I was also told it may not be a permanent fix!

G

·
I was told that Mazda would pay for the dashboard part ($226.96) and I had to pay for the labor ($324.84). This was at the dealership in Metairie, LA. I was most unhappy over the fact that I had to make a decision as to whether or not they did the work by 5:00 pm on the same day the Mazda representative looked at it or they would withdraw the offer.

This is such a disappointment. I had a Mazda 626 that was 11 years old when someone totaled it on me. This car is not quite 5 years old and that part of the dash has to be replaced to correct the problem. I was also told it may not be a permanent fix!
Good to know. I too am havimg the exact same issue. 2010 Mazda 6 in Metairie LA. Sales rep that I spoke to told me it was because I cleaned the interior window surface with windex and some of it started a chemical reaction to cause it to melt. Googled it and found this page. Good info. Guess I will just try and find those dashboard mats to try and cover it up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
this sounds like some serious stuff. and i thought my dash was in bad shape from then sun/heat exposure

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am having this issue on my 2004. It is just on the passenger airbag. I wouldn't say it is melting the that passenger airbag is sticky where the rest of the dash is not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Mazda 6 2010 is doing the same but it is from prior models as well. It seems to go back to atleast the 2008 model. So to me it just says Mazda is a sorry company that cannot fix an issue and expects their customers to suffer for their stupidity on not fixing it from previous models. So suck it Mazda you'll not be getting my business anymore.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My Mazda 6 2010 is doing the same but it is from prior models as well. It seems to go back to atleast the 2008 model. So to me it just says Mazda is a sorry company that cannot fix an issue and expects their customers to suffer for their stupidity on not fixing it from previous models. So suck it Mazda you'll not be getting my business anymore.

Wow, did you join just to say that? Feel better?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Reactions: ctmazda

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this is an old thread. Just wanna share mine as well.

2010 Mazda6 GH GCC version. Passenger side of the dash has all been sticky and seemed to melt. Had tried wiping it off but as with all, no success. A replacement part costs around QAR1000 excluding shipping from online sellers.

Might as well have to get it replaced by my dealer. Still under warranty 'til September and with around 13k km remaining til 60k warranty.

The only thing that gets me is that it's a GCC version - the Middle East. It's supposed to withstand the climates here.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Take it up the ladder & call Mazda corporate.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts