Mazda 6 Forums banner
321 - 325 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
So I got the latest bluetooth module as well and it is working almost completely as it should. Sometimes it still doesn't show all my playlists, and if you're playing a song from a certain playlist, when you start the car the songs start at the very beginning of the iPod at least for me. Music does start playing almost right away so that's good. I guess this will have to do.
I'm not an Apple user, but my Sony mp3 player had this setting so maybe it's similar. Somewhere in your settings there may be a 'USB CONNECTION MODE'. Make sure it's set to STANDBY. That helped me out, as being on STANDBY mode allows the player to retain the last song played instead of resetting to Track 1 every time. You still have to remember to hit SHUFFLE again but at least you don't hear the same song every time you start up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not an Apple user, but my Sony mp3 player had this setting so maybe it's similar. Somewhere in your settings there may be a 'USB CONNECTION MODE'. Make sure it's set to STANDBY. That helped me out, as being on STANDBY mode allows the player to retain the last song played instead of resetting to Track 1 every time. You still have to remember to hit SHUFFLE again but at least you don't hear the same song every time you start up.
Hm I'm not sure if it has that but I will definitely check it out because that would help immensely. Thanks for that!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Am unclear from the comments about mixed results with the TSB for BTM replacement. After almost 3 years, I've learned to tolerate the system with the main flaw being replay of No.1 song of music library on restart. Load speed can be a bit slow but for me not unbearable (1 min. or less). So I want to call the dealer about ordering a new BTM per the TSB of March, 2015, but I'm concerned that something worse might result from the new unit. Is this a real concern or should I simply go ahead and do this. Also, hard to believe the dealers would give people a hard time about a replacement that's per a TSB. I don't use texting and almost exclusively listen to my ipod since i hate commercial radio and satellite wasn't available on the 14 Touring.

Basically I'm just hoping for an end to this 1st. song repeat on every restart. Otherwise, the system I have now is tolerable for me. Should I go ahead with requesting BTM replacement per the TSB?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would say do it. It only plays the 1st song if I play from playlists (which sucks cause I do all the time). But I would do it just for how fast it starts up now. And my dealership is a pain when it comes to doing any warranty work. I have to print out the TSB and bring it in just for them to do the work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
iPod doesn't work at all now. It just shows Kendrick Lamar - A.D.H.D. at the 3:34 mark and doesn't move. This is one of those things that will keep me from ever getting another Mazda and dumping the one I have as soon as I can.

321 - 325 of 325 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.