Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Whew. thanks. Regardless I'm still going to save big. I got tapped in a parking lot last year and the old guy's insurance paid for, so I got it done at the dealer. $600 when said and done. This time it'll be less than $175 including the bumper. Next time i'll look for that rogue dumpster in my work's parking lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so i have a slight stupid question... sorry in advance:

I wanted to put a mazdaspeed6 rear bumper into a regular 6i. Would that be possible? Would it fit?

another stupid question... sorry:

How about side skirts, and a front bumper from a 6s into a 6i?

thanks and sorry in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
You Rock Solrac!! I am going to have to do this soon so you have no idea how much this helps... I was actually about to start a thread asking how to do this very thing today, lol.

A question though. Is it really necessary to jack up the car? That's the only part I don't understand

Totally agree! GREAT HOW-TO

I HAD to jack my car to get to the screws that go into the fender... but mine is lowered with wider wheels

·
Registered
9 Posts
2010 Mazda 6 rear bumper removal

Sorry to resurrect an old thread back from the dead, but (having just bought my first Mazda 6) how similar is this whole procedure for a 2010 model?

I've just bought a genuine Mazda tow-bar and wish to install it. The towbar already ON the car is a cheaper kind that won't allow me to take the actual towing tongue off without undoing a couple of massive bolts, the Mazda one is the more modern clip-through-hole kind where I can put it on and take it off in a few seconds....

Cheers,

- Adam

·
Registered
133 Posts
Doing mine as we speak good how to thread but only thing I don't get is why in do the negative on the battery I know its for the tail lights but can't you just unplug the tails instead?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Doing mine as we speak good how to thread but only thing I don't get is why in do the negative on the battery I know its for the tail lights but can't you just unplug the tails instead?
You could, but unless you disconnect the batterie, anything electrical could possibly go wrong
I made that mistake and fried my rear parking circuit.
Just go ahead and take the 3 mins to do it to play it safe

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gotcha

·
Registered
4 Posts
1st gen mazda 6 all fit?

Will a bumper in the same generation fit another. So, will a 2004 mazda 6 hatch back rear bumper fit a 2006. and also, will a sedan rear bumper fit a hatchack bumper??

21 - 31 of 31 Posts