Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure I / We will have a lot more fun than you if thats the case... Golf is the lose! Anyway... 6 community is pretty... dead in these areas it seems... then again a 6 is more of a family sedan than "tuner" type car...

the 3 forums and community have quite a few going....

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'll be there. 11am on Sunday.

·
Registered
381 Posts
See ya'll there! Sunday!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got .11 seconds away from 27sec.
I got only 3 hits out of 12 for the CX7 target.
MS was full so they shut the lines down. Wait was about 1.5 hrs long.
I ended up with just a hat.

For the timed run, I took the CX7 out and took out some cones, they cut one of my corners off. I got 23seconds.

·
Registered
489 Posts
After doing the "Gymkhana Time Match" thing in a CX-7 (which, by the way, has absolutely NO power on takeoff. The tranny is poorly mated to the MZR2.3-DISI engine.) and getting 26.2 seconds, friends and I loaded into another CX-7 for the Target Hunt. I scored a 4 out of 12.

After lunch, we all went and waited in the Mazdaspeed Challenge line for about 2 hours, after which I got my chance to beat the 43-second "challenge" lap time.

The track was designed so that, once in motion, you pretty much stay in 2nd gear the whole time. The track design did not necessitate a launch, but rather a rolling start (which I'm sure helped save clutches, even though 6 of their 11 MS6's had become KIA with burned clutches the day before).

Having never autocrossed before, I think I did pretty good: a lap time of 42.2 seconds. I just with I could have had more track time!

I had a good time, in spite of the long lines and crappy food. ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was registered for Sunday but didn't make it because of extreme exhaustion and a busted shoulder from ice hockey. I have always had fun in the past, despite the long lines and was really looking forward to this year. Oh well, always next year.

Post some pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts