Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every thread is a great read. I need some help: I pulled a CEL P2187 and ignored replacing the purge valve solenoid. This past weekend I'm going down the highway and noticed every time I took my foot off the accelerator the RPMs dropped to zero. I stepped on the gas and it shoots up again, but zero when I let go. I feared the worst and parked the car. I tried to start it up again and it turns but won't fire. I replaced the purge valve and spark plugs but it still won't fire. This may be caused by a number of things so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem with my mom's 2000 Toyota 4Runner. I was about to drive back home when the engine kept dying after the ignition sequence. The only way I could keep the car running was by applying gas to the car. After struggling to the repair shop (I had to lightly hold down the gas and hold the brake during stops to prevent it from dying), they said that the "idle control valve" (something or other) was dead and needed to be replaced... Maybe you could look into that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts