Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corksport Rear Sway Bar

What is it?
Corksport is a fan favorite company offering a variety of products for Mazdas. Among them, is their rear sway bar. A rear sway bar is designed to reduce understeer in front wheel drive vehicles, and control body roll in corners in that half of the vehicle. Competitors include AutoExe, JBR, Ultra Racing, and more.

What's nice?
I have a glowing review for this item. Everything's nice. Fitment, finish, adjustability, quality of build, ease of install. I love this. If there was ever a product to buy for your 6, this is one of them. It came nicely packaged, with an excellent finish. Instructions and invoice included. It comes in a gorgeous Corksport-blue color, with a stamped logo and two points of adjustment. These allow you to get stiff, and then get fackin' stiff. I run it fackin' stiff, and it's excellent. The adjustment collars allow you to center the bar very easily to maintain that OEM fitment. In addition, the bar comes with the proper brackets such that you don't tear out your old ones running a thicker bar. Competitors such as JBR charge extra for the brackets. I am not sure if AutoExe provides brackets.

What's not nice?
One gripe about these is that some users report collision with other parts underneath upon install. I haven't experienced any of this personally, but keep an eye out when installing. That's all I have. This sway bar is excellent. Technically, ride quality suffers only during bumps. If you hit a bump with your driver side rear wheel, the stiffer bar will transmit that across the suspension to the other side, causing the whole car to feel it. This however, is negligible.

Ease of install:
Instructions are included in paper and online. It requires slightly dropping the subframe and shoehorning the bar out and in. Once it's in though, it's in. Easy life. Adjusting the collars is easy, and there's plenty of room to adjust the alignment collars even if the bar is installed.

Overall, I love this thing. I'm glad I bought it as early as I did, and I can't wait to get a matching front bar.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Zeffer and others,

I was one of those that had the older RSB with some interference, see below. You can see it has a small scratch.
Told Corksport, they were extremely responsive and are in the process of refunding me now, and they said they are redesigning the bar to fix this.

I brought the bar to a machine shop and cut off the "softer" setting hole so there's no more interference.

Overall the daily driving experience has been very good, the car leans significantly less and turn in is very quick. Now after going on some spirited drives, I find that I can easily get traction control to light up and have more front grip than rear grip in this stiffer setting. Is this what you guys have found too? If so I'll wait till Corksport resolves this, and purchase another bar that has the less-stiff setting on. My car is a 2014 Mazda 6 GT.

Let me know if you guys have any advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was thinking of purchasing this, but now I’m concerned it’ll cause damages underneath the car...

·
Registered
406 Posts

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts