1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Why is your car shaking?"

Corksport Polyurethane Rear Motor Mount

What is it?
Corksport is one of a few companies (JBR, Hardrace) offering a stiffened rear motor mount for our cars. Motor mounts hold the motor in place, and a stiffer mount reduces the lurching and rotating of the engine during acceleration and launching.

What's nice?
It's a nice looking piece with a good finish. Fits right in place. It does its job well; the engine doesn't lurch at launch anymore, and transmission shifting is smoother overall. I'm experiencing fewer hard shifts.

What's not nice?
Obviously, the noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) introduced. There's no softer motor mount to absorb vibrations, so at idle, you'll feel the car shake. It takes a few days to settle in. The vibration's not bad, but new passengers will always ask you why your car is shaking. I've also experienced a lurchy idle while the A/T transmission crawls down the road. The car doesn't move smoothly. In addition, it's only one durometer. JBR offers choices. Lastly, it increases wear on the rest of the drivetrain due to the more solid transmission of vibration.

Ease of install:
Though I had the dealer install, the attached instructions don't look too challenging. Couple bolts come out, couple bolts go in.

Overall, I don't recommend this. We don't drive racecars, and we're not fast enough to justify shaving off tenths of a second on launches with this thing. If you drive your car hard all the time, and launch every red light like a boy racer, this could benefit you. Or if you don't care about increased NVH.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
There is definitely no need for these on our car making 185-185 plus anyone with an Auto with get the crazy vibes like you mentioned. I had one on my Speed3, now it made a difference in that car. They are a pretty easy install, 2 bolts, torque it right with a little Loctite and you are all set.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I agree, not worth it. I had an AWR mount in my 1st gen. In the 1st gen, the rear dogbone mount was was a common failure piece. The 3rd gen's motor mount is a good piece with no known failures... no reason to replace with this piece.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I recently replaced my rear mount with the JBR mount... Not really enjoying it as a daily driver, if I were taking a cruise in the hills where there are a lot of windy roads then maybe for the weekend. Don't get me wrong the car pulls much more solid at WOT but when taking off from a stop it sounds like my Dashboard wants to fall in my lap lol Overall just pass on this Mod unless you Autocross this car which nobody should anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
John R. Santos
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing