Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corksport Interior LED Kit

What is it?
Corksport offers a 12-piece LED upgrade kit for our cars. It'll upgrade your interior lights, door lights, trunk light, and license plate lights in a lovely 7000k color.

What's nice?
The packaging is supreme. It arrives wrapped in bubble wrap, with all the LEDs in a little metal tin surrounded by foam. The LEDs are easy to tell apart. Once installed, they really light things up. Being 7000k temp, they have a more prominent tinge of blue, but it's tasteful. It's very "tuner"-esque. If one wants whiter light, our site sponsor Diode Dynamics can provide. The interior lights up so much brighter than before. One can see everything. The doors light up the ground better as well. The flip down mirror lights are bright enough to showcase everyone's beautiful face. The trunk light is brighter than stock. The license plate lights are bright enough to light up the ground behind you. The color temperature inside is excellent for black interiors. In my experience, whiter lights make the black colors look purple. With the Corksport kit, everything is a lovely white when showing on the black.

What's not nice?
They are obscenely bright. At night, when you open the doors, they might surprise you, especially when you've been driving a while. But hey, they're there to be bright. When they fade, like most LEDs, they flicker down in brightness. It's not the smooth "turning of a dial" effect with incandescent bulbs. The trunk light is lame, still, but they didn't have a lot to work with.

Ease of install:
Takes maybe half an hour to an hour or so. As always, Corksport includes instructions to guide you along. Use plastic tools on the interior and there'll be no issue. Removing the door bulbs can be a little tricky though. Careful not to break them like I did. Messy.

Overall, I like this kit. One can piece together a whiter, brighter kit from DD, but for an all-in-one setup for cheap, this is a go to. I would recommend it to a new 6 owner as a cheap, beneficial mod.

·
Registered
779 Posts
My 0.02 - not specific to Corksport - but when it comes to LED's, I believe that most of these "compiled" kits are way too expensive.

You can buy the same bulbs for under $20 from Amazon.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly agree. There are a lot of cheap LEDs out there, but there are risks associated with anything cheap. Relatively speaking, the Corksport kit is nicely priced and packaged. Each LED is less than $5 a piece, which (theoretically) helps ensure quality in that they won't start a fire, overheat, flicker, break down in months, etc. As far as quality LEDs go, the Corksport kit is pretty sexy all around.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with the comment on these kits being quite expensive but I think its still a good option. Especially for someone a little newer to mods or lighting as they may not be sure what to look for and this cuts all guesswork out.

I pieced together the bulbs I wanted, mainly from DD. Whatever option you go with I think LED lighting is an excellent way to improve the aesthetics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the review, I looked at another site that had options of brightness and when you chose all at brightest is was more than $100 and they were 5000k if I recall. The other thing I like here is the 7000k, I love the blue hue. Nice review, just wish I could see all the photos already.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree with the comment on these kits being quite expensive but I think its still a good option. Especially for someone a little newer to mods or lighting as they may not be sure what to look for and this cuts all guesswork out.

I pieced together the bulbs I wanted, mainly from DD. Whatever option you go with I think LED lighting is an excellent way to improve the aesthetics.

This was the first "mod" i did to my 6 and was completly clueless about LED lights when I did it. So i have to agree with you. I probably spent $30-40 bucks or so more than I shouls have if I was educated and knew how to piece it together......but the quality, packaging, and bulb tempi in relationship to how it "classes" up the inside is more than I could have ever asked for. 2 years later and im still happy I bought this kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts