Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oooh this is more of the good-good.

Mazda CMU Hacks
All-in-One Tweaks
Index for Infotainment Project

What is it?
Infotainment tweaks are modifications to the code of the little computer smacked onto your dash. Applicable only to 2016 cars, these tweaks allow a user to do a variety of things from change colors, all the way to playing high-res videos on their infotainment screen.

What's nice?
There is a lot of custom functionality offered that can be found above. The starter kit is the AIO tweaks setup, that gives a user everything they need for the good stuff. Custom backgrounds, color, warning removing, speed limit removal, etc. All kinds of cool stuff. All it costs is whatever your local store charges for USB sticks. Everything is constantly under development. This is a huge project constantly being worked on by different people, yet is very easy to use and understand. It allows your 6 to stand out from the rest with very unique details.

What's not nice?
If you screw up, you'll brick your system into a boot loop. Very difficult to recover from, and easily a thousand dollar+ repair. Generally, this only happens with beta and unstable versions of the Mazda platform and unstable versions of the tweaks. Running something like AIO will not give issue. In addition, some of the apps are a little finicky to use. They work, but they're strange. Using the tweaks can kill your navi voice as well. You'll have to turn that off. Development on some apps takes a while, but again, these people do it for free. Android Auto will break your shit. Some people use it safely, but it's just too risky to justify.

Ease of install
It varies. For AIO and basic tweaks, it's a matter of formatting a USB stick, installing, and sticking it in your car and waiting. Not very difficult, and one doesn't have to be software-inclined. Other tweaks will require more coding and language knowledge, but those are generally in development or risky.

Overall, I recommend these tweaks. They're free/cheap, and help make your car "yours," while adding some neat functionality.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have a couple posts in that forum and added some information about making your car feel more like "yours" as well. You can edit the "coins" in the system by following the same principle as the background swap. You are simply swapping .png files. There is a specific ratio you have to follow in order to get the "coins" to fade in and out properly when highlighting and selecting. I can add the usb script I have for swapping the coins but feel like I should maybe post it with a disclaimer hah. If you want to DIY different coins the ratios are below:

The center three coins have a ratio of 1.267605634... or 1.27 haha. The outside two have a ratio of 1.24. I maintained the overall pixel height and width of the original coins then dropped in the vector images from an android icon website. This can be done with any icon image really so the choices are endless. I've attached what I currently have as my coins.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I found the courage to do the mods. Let's see if this video player works, nope. I see it's recommended to remove MP3, so I just pull that thumb driving, leaving the drive with the backup files and a movie file. What could go wrong? Well contained in that backup is the audio files from the car, and since I removed my music, what does the car want to play? "Airbag deployment detected, calling 911." "WHAT?! No, no, no, no, F*^K!! What did I do?!" Scared the piss out of me, but it makes for a funny story.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I found the courage to do the mods. Let's see if this video player works, nope. I see it's recommended to remove MP3, so I just pull that thumb driving, leaving the drive with the backup files and a movie file. What could go wrong? Well contained in that backup is the audio files from the car, and since I removed my music, what does the car want to play? "Airbag deployment detected, calling 911." "WHAT?! No, no, no, no, F*^K!! What did I do?!" Scared the piss out of me, but it makes for a funny story.
Glad you were able to get it done and get everything working! Yeah, the audio file scare seems to be a common thing. I didn't run into it myself, but that's funny that that went down as it did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Zeffer
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing