Mazda 6 Forums banner
161 - 180 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
That blue is gorgeous. My car purchase was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing because my last car suddenly started burning a LOT of oil. I picked up a Snowflake White '15...but the dealer had 2 in your color. One was a Sport manual and the other was a GT. The manual sport was out of my price range, sadly. But I loved that color.

Nice work on the car!

Jay
Thanks Jay, I appreciate it!

The blue is a very lovely color, especially when the sun hits it. My only gripe is that it's not vibrant all the time. It pops in the light, which is nice, but overall it's a very muted color in other lighting. I'm excited to do some night photos soon, just gotta get some aftermarket bodywork done!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Damn... 2 kits? Guess you really need to be heard! Lol

How loud are the sharptones?
I originally had one pair of sharptones. They were louder than stock by a little bit, and had a nicer tone. I added the second kit, and holy crap. If you honk in the garage with the door closed (like I did while testing), your ears will ring for a little bit afterwards. My mother said I sounded like I was in the living room while honking outside, facing away from the house.

Not to mention, they look and sound badass. I'll definitely be heard now.

In fact, funny story. I went this route because I was nearly run off the road due to someone not hearing my horns. Travelling along at 70 mph in my previous car. Someone in a lifted, straight piped truck is in the left lane. They start to merge into me, and no amount of honking was saving me. I was all the way in the shoulder before I was able to brake and move back behind him. I myself could barely hear my horn. Never again.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The 1st gen 6's horn was much louder than the 3rd gen. I'll agree this horn is a little weak, as like you, I used it on the freeway as someone merged into me and nothing. Maybe an upgrade is in my future.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
The 1st gen 6's horn was much louder than the 3rd gen. I'll agree this horn is a little weak, as like you, I used it on the freeway as someone merged into me and nothing. Maybe an upgrade is in my future.
If you've got the dough, it's worth the upgrade! It's been a great time so far, and very easy install. Takes maybe two hours, and that's only because I'm lowered, and I go slow, and I was testing each horn, and yada yada. I recommend the upgrade, even if you're just going with two Hellas. They offer the Sharptone and Supertone. The Supertones have a higher pitch than the newer Sharptones. These things sound great though.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Thanks DragginFrame. Show season is starting to slow down, so hopefully I can still scoop some up here and there.

Hit the strip again last night. Got my times down to 16.4 again, but still working on my R/T. Need to grow a pair and drop under 0.21x R/T.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Thanks guys. Myself and my buddy from Cold Water Graphics worked on it over the course of a month, one day a week. We built custom mounting plates to support the corners of the lip. It sticks out past the bumper, so there's nothing to hold it up from there. The plates we built connect and cover those bolt holes, and mount up to where the splash shields would mount to. I'll get better pictures this weekend, I hope.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks guys. Myself and my buddy from Cold Water Graphics worked on it over the course of a month, one day a week. We built custom mounting plates to support the corners of the lip. It sticks out past the bumper, so there's nothing to hold it up from there. The plates we built connect and cover those bolt holes, and mount up to where the splash shields would mount to. I'll get better pictures this weekend, I hope.

Makes sense. The Corners would originally get screwed into the fangs on the sides.

The rest of the holes should have matched up pretty well, right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Your Mazda 6 is my favorite one on this forum, Zeffer. Nice, tasteful job on all of your mods.

What steering wheel do you have installed? Is it the AutoExe, or something else? Do you like it and how's it wearing so far?
Thanks TitaniumVT, I really appreciate the kind words. It's the Kenstyle all-leather steering wheel. They also offer one with some suede, I think, and in red or silver stitching...I think. Bought it from japanparts.com. It's been wearing nicely, in that, it barely does at all so far. Occasionally it "sheds" this sort of white flaky material, but it never looks any different.

Makes sense. The Corners would originally get screwed into the fangs on the sides.

The rest of the holes should have matched up pretty well, right ?
Yessir. The middle four all line up to the OEM bumper. The rest need an adapter or something similar. I'll have better pics of the ones I built when I get it cleaned up for this weekend.

161 - 180 of 270 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.