Mazda 6 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thank you tirefryr! Here's the link for the tweaks. Read everything on that site before attempting. There are links to the mazda3 forums as well, which is where the bulk of the development goes down. The work costs as much as a set of USB sticks. Attempt at your own risk, but most of it is risk free.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Will you give me a quote and ship me one?
Here's the link for the .ai file for the Kanji for "Please Stop." You can email this to your local vinyl guy of choice, and he'll be able to print it out. It's not super wide, but I couldn't find a wider translation that looked good. The letters should be printed at around a half inch tall. Use the stamped letters on the taillight lens for reference; you'll see what I mean when you take the brake light out. Everything pries apart pretty easily. Here's a link to the shop manual on how to remove it. Taking apart the light itself is easy too. It's only held on by tabs.

If you have any issues or questions feel free to let me know!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here's the link for the .ai file for the Kanji for "Please Stop." You can email this to your local vinyl guy of choice, and he'll be able to print it out. It's not super wide, but I couldn't find a wider translation that looked good. The letters should be printed at around a half inch tall. Use the stamped letters on the taillight lens for reference; you'll see what I mean when you take the brake light out. Everything pries apart pretty easily. Here's a link to the shop manual on how to remove it. Taking apart the light itself is easy too. It's only held on by tabs.

If you have any issues or questions feel free to let me know!
Is that cut from Window Tint, appears somewhat see-through?

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
We just did gloss black vinyl. Your vinyl guy will create a stencil and cut out the letters themselves, such that the entire lens is wrapped. If you want, window tint is also an option but might be harder to cut into. You'd be okay with any vinyl wrap of quality.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We just did gloss black vinyl. Your vinyl guy will create a stencil and cut out the letters themselves, such that the entire lens is wrapped. If you want, window tint is also an option but might be harder to cut into. You'd be okay with any vinyl wrap of quality.
Thanks, do I give them the lens to wrap? Or just give it to them for the profile? I'm assuming it just sticks to the outside of the red plastic.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yes, they'll need the lens to wrap it. I would bring them the third brake light cover, lens, and light itself, so they can see how it'll sit in the housing. That will help them reference what it should look like when installed. It will just stick to the outside of the red plastic.

One thing of note is that the light distribution isn't super even (As seen in my pic), but it's not bad. I might supplement the light with more LEDs one day.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
The Tanabe Medallion kit looks so aggressive. Very nice.
It sounds incredible too. I hear it through the house on cold start, and it makes a nice tone when you're on it. Yet, no drone, no rasp. Perfect exhaust for this car as far as sound goes.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I only just recently got a nice camera! I have a ton to learn, and these are just from my first shoot with the car. The sky is overexposed in some, car underexposed in the last one, and I have to learn more about framing my shots. But I appreciate the sentiment!

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
I only just recently got a nice camera! I have a ton to learn, and these are just from my first shoot with the car. The sky is overexposed in some, car underexposed in the last one, and I have to learn more about framing my shots. But I appreciate the sentiment!
Let me know if you want any hints with either taking the photos or editing. You're lucky if 1 in 1000 shots don't need any editing at all. The ones with the washed out sky are easily fixed if you know how to manipulate Photoshop or Gimp the right way :)

....if only I could find a couple of the good examples I know I have laying around.... :\

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Of course! Thank you. I've picked up a graduated neutral density filter to counteract the blown-out sky, along with a polarizing filter to help with reflections and such. Spent pry $50 between the two so hopefully they're quality. It's all on a kit lens too, which takes excellent photos for what I'm doing with it.

In addition, my dad was a hobbyist photographer at my age, and graphic design/image manipulation are part of his every day career. It's good to have more resources!

And please, those examples you posted for 6otm looked good!

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Of course! Thank you. I've picked up a graduated neutral density filter to counteract the blown-out sky, along with a polarizing filter to help with reflections and such. Spent pry $50 between the two so hopefully they're quality. It's all on a kit lens too, which takes excellent photos for what I'm doing with it.

In addition, my dad was a hobbyist photographer at my age, and graphic design/image manipulation are part of his every day career. It's good to have more resources!

And please, those examples you posted for 6otm looked good!
That's pretty awesome. Enjoy!

And no, I had a specific example of fixing an image with a completely washed out sky but I can't find it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hey everyone! Update on the automobile.

Car has been doing well. 16,000 miles so far and it's been great. No real issues. I have to fix a flickering LED strip under the hood, and a flickering strip in the trunk. I have an idea for some Japanese flair in the trunk, that once it's done, all will see. Beyond that, I'd like to do a full HID projector retrofit, front sway bar, paddle shifters, and leather interior. All of that in no particular order and definitely down the road.

I'm constantly reminded how low I am when driving around. Front underside is scraped up. Last night I high-centered on a steep ramp as I drove over it. My middle chassis brace took the brunt of the impact. I'll have to get under there and repaint it so it doesn't rust out on me or something. The Ultra Racing bars get scratched up really easily.

Beyond that, it's been great. Would be cool to see some forced induction hit the market. Extra pull for highway rolls would be nice, but, it's not a racecar.

Apparently there's another modded GJ in my city. Going to try to find them in the parking lot soon, drop a business card by for the autoclub! It looks like they have a drop, exhaust, and lighting done. Hmm!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice group shot up there. Keep up the good work man. You are inspiration for a lot of people on this site and have good info to share. Let me know if you find him and maybe we can do a FL get together. I am in Tampa, I know 2 dudes in Orlando both bagged GJs. Could make for a fun time.

61 - 80 of 270 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.