Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
It looks like those will only replace a 7440/single filament bulb. We have dual filament 7443's in the front, which is probably why we're having so much trouble with them.

Actually ended up getting in touch with DD about the lights. Their theory is similar to my dad's: not enough resistance on that circuit, so they suggested another resistor in parallel. Going to try that soon and see what happens. Nice link on the JDMToy stuff, by the way. Might have to try it if this doesn't work.
FYI I have also tried these without success. Just in case you go down that road.

http://amzn.com/B017VCJZPK

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
It looks like those will only replace a 7440/single filament bulb. We have dual filament 7443's in the front, which is probably why we're having so much trouble with them.

FYI I have also tried these without success. Just in case you go down that road.

http://amzn.com/B017VCJZPK
Does the 6 have the parking lights with the turn signals?

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Without success? Thank you for the headsup. I've got a few other ideas up my sleeve for now, but hopefully I can make some progress tonight.
Yeah they were the last thing that I tried after two resistors in parallel in the rear and directly wiring a resistor into the front harness. Definitely try everything that you can think of, though, because my main issue now is with both lights blinking together when I hit the left turn signal -- I may have fried something in my journeys.

Does the 6 have the parking lights with the turn signals?

Corrrect -- one bulb, two filaments

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Checked their website... They don't offer the same setup for the 7443. Damn shame...

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey everyone! Managed to fix the hyperblink issue with another 50W/6Ohm resistor in parallel with the first one. Added on more suspension bracing from Beatrush, and it's given a very dramatic change to the handling of the front in combination with the urethane, springs, and FSTB.

https://vid.me/cE9P

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Swapped out my reverse bulbs with some DD LEDs, and added one of their LED strips to my trunk. A short ~20in strip was plenty to light up the whole trunk, while still leaving room for more. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight. Car's going in for its second service at 6,000 miles, ish. All in the course of four months. So I'm imagining by the end of 2017 I'll be out of the 36k mile warranty, or at least close.

Looking forward to surviving the powertrain warranty to get this thing tuned!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What did you run you hood light too?
I can get some pictures if you like! But it's hooked on the battery, fused, routed around the corner and under the fuse box. It's then tucked in the rubber covering on the driver's side underhood, and routed through the hood. The push-pin is routed elsewhere, and we had to extend the wiring a little bit. It's grounded at a factory ground near the battery. Not a 100% factory looking installation, but the fuse is nice for easy access to remove. No way I'm going to route that all into the fuse box or wherever.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Trunk light install. Easy stuff, right from Diode Dynamics (who is no longer providing 4000k 7443 LED switchbacks, for those curious).

The reverse lights were easy to install as well. Small flathead, pop off the dozen trunk liner clips, and remove the bulbs by rotating the connector a little bit.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Went to a car show last night, came home with the Best in Class (Mazda) award!

I don't have any other pictures, but I think they're posting some on their instragram @teamloeriderac. There were probably up to ten mazdas total, most of which were mixed rx7s, one first gen speed 6, and a couple miatas.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Great looking car and some nice mods, @Zeffer. Could you post some "After" pics of your Tanabe Medallion exhaust when you get a chance? I'm ideally looking for a 3/4 rear view like this and a straight on rear view to get a sense of how it looks compared to stock. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Great looking car and some nice mods, @Zeffer. Could you post some "After" pics of your Tanabe Medallion exhaust when you get a chance? I'm ideally looking for a 3/4 rear view like this and a straight on rear view to get a sense of how it looks compared to stock. Thanks!
Sure man, took these this morning!

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Damn, that exhaust looks good! Thank you for posting these. I'm definitely getting the Tanabe for my car.
The tips actually looked too big to me when I first installed it, but now it looks right and the OE exhaust looks so puny when I see other 6's. One thing that I might suggest is painting the canisters before install. Gives a lot cleaner look from the rear IMO.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I saw that thread! And definitely considered it. For my car and its future, I think it'll be low enough not to worry about seeing the chrome, and even if it is, it's nice to see something shiny under there. It doesn't feel too blatant on the 6, and I've personally only noticed it when actually looking for it.

Either way, nicely done and it does look very clean.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The tips actually looked too big to me when I first installed it, but now it looks right and the OE exhaust looks so puny when I see other 6's. One thing that I might suggest is painting the canisters before install. Gives a lot cleaner look from the rear IMO.

Thank you DG. I appreciate the suggestion, though like Zeffer, part of me wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of shiny under the car if it's not too obnoxious.

How are you liking the Tanabe Medallion? Also, how's the Carpro Dlux treatment holding up on your exhaust tips? If it works and is a worthwhile form of protection, I'd like to treat my exhaust tips before they have a chance to get scuffed up.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Don't know about DG, but in combination with my K&N I've loved my Tanabe.

Update elsewhere: I've got some small projects coming up for the car to brighten things up a little more. Had my audio system re-tuned to bring the subs back into play, so they're right where I want them. Got some subwoofer guards in a sleek chrome to play in to the interior silver and exterior chrome; I'll have pictures of those later. Car is definitely coming along, but thankfully still flies under the radar everywhere. Nobody thinks twice about the "blue sedan."

21 - 40 of 270 Posts