Mazda 6 Forums banner
261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I can't believe it's been almost a year since the last update to this thread, and that I never posted about recent events, so, here goes.

I traded my 6 in in January, and picked up a '16 manual GT soft top Miata. It's been a ton of fun. While I miss my 6 sometimes, the Miata more than makes up for it. It's so enjoyable to drive. Being able to throw the top back is great. Having a smaller car is excellent for parking and maneuvering. I haven't compromised too much on utility. It's been so great. And freeing up the cash and selling some of my old parts has helped me funnel money into my motorcycle, so win win!

Speaking of parts, for those of you not in the facebook group, I have the following items for sale. I might make a separate post later with these items for sale, but this is what I've got. Pictures available on request, as I don't want to clutter up the thread more:

-Kenstyle Leather Steering wheel: $300
-AutoExe A/T shifter: $100
-D2 Mazda 6 bags: $400
-Airlift V2 management with 5gal and two 444c: $800
-autoexe hood struts: $100
-Beatrush bars: $100
-K&N SRI: $175
-CS catch can: $100
-oem fogs: $100
-OEM fog housings: $50
-CS poly hangers: $25
-Mazda oem overhead light: $50
-oem paddle hardware: $100

And lastly, some of my favorite pics of my 6 to commemorate its 'passing.'

Lastly, if you ever have any questions about the Mazda 6, feel free to reach out to me here or on IG, @ki_xeffer .

Welcome to the topless side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,352 Posts
STAHP you two! I want one SO bad.....

This was my rental back in the fall.

·
Registered
675 Posts
We had to sell our NB Miata last summer. (Got almost nothing for it, but it went to a good home.) They really are great fun to drive. I hear the ND models are even more fun.

Enjoy the new car (and that time in your life when you can drive a little two seat convertible.) Both are priceless.

Reactions: Zeffer

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice! I certainly wouldn't mind a Miata as a fun second car, but need the room of a 6 right now. Convertibles seem amazing, I can see a beautiful mental picture of driving down the coastal roads near my house, but in reality my long hair flies everywhere in the wind even when I put it back, and it just drives me nuts. Deep Chrystal is such an awesome color, many of your pics captured the way it changes and shines in different lighting. Blue or grey are the only car colors for me, but Mazda has such great blues. Reflex reminds of a certain type of sky where I grew up, and the deep blue is stunning in the sun. I happened to see a Deep Chrystal that was dirty and had a small scratch. I can be lazy and knew that wouldn't be a good idea for me. I love my car's color, but whenever I see the Deep blue in the sun, it blows my mind!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
This is now a topless car thread :rofl: :drive:

STAHP you two! I want one SO bad.....

This was my rental back in the fall.
That's a hell of a rental! I always tried to get a miata as a rental when the dealer would work on the car, but they never had one available. Driving my dad's is what got me hooked on mine!

We had to sell our NB Miata last summer. (Got almost nothing for it, but it went to a good home.) They really are great fun to drive. I hear the ND models are even more fun.

Enjoy the new car (and that time in your life when you can drive a little two seat convertible.) Both are priceless.
What counts is that the car went to a good home. Someone who will appreciate and care for the car is worth more than an extra couple hundred bucks. The ND has been very enjoyable indeed! Tons of fun. Throwing the top back makes it all worth it. And yes, I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I can. Even my dad said something similar - the only time I'll likely get to have a car like this is now, in my 20s, or later when I'm in my 40s. Whew. Ideally I'll pick up a daily driver in a few months so I have something more practical when I need it. Both cars will likely see a little bit of work...maybe. It's hard to resist the itch sometimes!

If I'll win in a lottery, I'll make sure to buy a Miata!

So, how do you bet in a lottery?
If I won the lottery, I'd be climbing the ranks of expensive cars! Get myself a soft top Porsche and be set. The miata's another great choice for sure. If you find out how to bet on the lottery, be sure to let me know! :D

Not a Miata (nor a Mazda), but this is my topless ride...
Very cool! Always nice seeing older cars actually hitting the roads.

Nice! I certainly wouldn't mind a Miata as a fun second car, but need the room of a 6 right now. Convertibles seem amazing, I can see a beautiful mental picture of driving down the coastal roads near my house, but in reality my long hair flies everywhere in the wind even when I put it back, and it just drives me nuts. Deep Chrystal is such an awesome color, many of your pics captured the way it changes and shines in different lighting. Blue or grey are the only car colors for me, but Mazda has such great blues. Reflex reminds of a certain type of sky where I grew up, and the deep blue is stunning in the sun. I happened to see a Deep Chrystal that was dirty and had a small scratch. I can be lazy and knew that wouldn't be a good idea for me. I love my car's color, but whenever I see the Deep blue in the sun, it blows my mind!
I feel you on this! I felt like I needed room in my 6 too, but then the subs went in, and the air ride went in...and I never really needed it. Ironically, I need the room of the 6 when I started selling parts off the 6! And yeah, my ex girlfriend had hair issues with the top down and it was a little frustrating for her. I feel that. The colors are great too indeed. I definitely had a love/hate relationship with the Deep Crystal Blue I had on my 6, but looking black, I'd made the right choice. Seeing it in the sun or under the lights at night always blew me away!

To keep the new theme going (hehe), we've got the work crew down here. From left to right, unknown mustang, my dad's '19 RF, my '16 GT, coworker's Subie, coworker's 6 with some of my old parts on it :D

261 - 270 of 270 Posts