Mazda 6 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
new eyelids who dis

Did some other stuff too. I took the tire letters off and cleaned them up best I could. Polished the headlights, put the eyelids on. Did some stuff to fix the turn signal lighting and make it a bit of a cleaner look. I have some stuff ordered too. Tryina make big things happen next year so the car itself is gonna be pretty chill for a while. Lots of events for the rest of the year though.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Still my favorite 6 on this forum. Beautiful car, and tasteful mods, Zeffer!

Outstanding photos, too. Out of curiosity, what brand and model of camera are you using? I'm in the market for a new one, and love the quality of the pictures you're taking.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Thanks TitaniumVT; I appreciate the kind words.

I shoot with a Nikon D3300. The eyelid pictures were shot at varying focal lengths with a 55-200mm f4-5.6. Other shots I've done use a 35mm 1.8 or the 18-55 f3.5-5.6. My editing process for quick images passes through Lightroom, and more detailed shots get Photoshop.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Very nice.
Thanks Gerry; I appreciate it. I'm trying to keep myself occupied with the car while I save some money. I've got F/R strut braces getting powdercoated right now, so hopefully I can put those on this Sunday after Winterfest. After that, it's saving up through the holidays and Christmas in time for air ride in February. Hopefully AirLift does another tax season sale.

·
Registered
674 Posts
After that, it's saving up through the holidays and Christmas in time for air ride in February. Hopefully AirLift does another tax season sale.
I noticed your other two buds were on air in those pictures. Gotta keep up with the Jones’s! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I noticed your other two buds were on air in those pictures. Gotta keep up with the Jones’s! :wink2:
Actually the grey one is static! He's on BC coilovers. The white one is on AirLift. I've been wanting air since I got the car and before I met those guys; but seeing the white one and Jamie's on air definitely sold me on the product.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Actually the grey one is static! He's on BC coilovers. The white one is on AirLift. I've been wanting air since I got the car and before I met those guys; but seeing the white one and Jamie's on air definitely sold me on the product.
Yikes! That gray car must be a little hard on the kidneys. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Hey everyone <3

It's almost the end of Q1 2018, and I'm realizing I haven't updated this thread in a while. Unfortunately, there hasn't been anything to update. I've been amassing parts for the 6 at home to install all at once...give it a few more months and we should see a major overhaul here soon.

In the meantime, I picked up another motorcycle and have been spending a lot of time with that instead. It's hard to resist this beautiful Florida whether when you have the option of two wheels vs four wheels. Still though, I take the 6 out every week for a cruise through the city, which is always a good time. I hope everyone here is doing well, and stay tuned; big things coming in 2018, and I mean that.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Is that a Victory? Looks sharp in white.

Be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for your car too. Enjoy the nice weather.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just went through this entire thread. Car looks great man. Clearly a well modified car, but one you can DD without making too many compromises. Can't wait to see what you've got coming up next.

·
Banned
886 Posts
an obsession with jdm products lol

where did you get the JDM led ambient light? First I see this and basically you are swapping the whole thing just to have a tiny white light that stays on the whole time and serves to light up the car a little? does this light turn on when the headlights are on? or all the time when the car is on

is it a direct plug and play? I read it is not for UK versions

I was reading this thread and installation seems a little difficult

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856068-JDM-led-abmient-light/page3

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Congrats on the new bike. Is that a Victory? Looks sharp in white.

Be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for your car too. Enjoy the nice weather.
It's a 2011 Honda Fury 1300. I appreciate the kind words, thank you.

Just went through this entire thread. Car looks great man. Clearly a well modified car, but one you can DD without making too many compromises. Can't wait to see what you've got coming up next.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you're excited, because I am too. I'm driving to Tampa to pick some parts up from Jamie Bates' car today too, so we're definitely making progress on that front.

an obsession with jdm products lol

where did you get the JDM led ambient light? First I see this and basically you are swapping the whole thing just to have a tiny white light that stays on the whole time and serves to light up the car a little? does this light turn on when the headlights are on? or all the time when the car is on

is it a direct plug and play? I read it is not for UK versions

I was reading this thread and installation seems a little difficult

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856068-JDM-led-abmient-light/page3
I've consistently found the Japanese parts to be of better quality, fit, and service. The price has been justifiable for everything I've bought from the land of the rising sun.

I got the ambient light from japanparts.com. It is a full swap of the overhead console for a stupid bright tiny white light. You can wire it to come on any time, but. I ran mine through the headliner over the passenger seat, and tapped into power from the glove box light. It comes on whenever my marker lights/headlights are on. It does light up the interior with a soft glow that's not too overbearing. I like it. It's not really plug and play, and I don't know about UK compatability. It'll take a bit of wire tucking and splicing, but it's nothing crazy. Some trim comes off with pry tools and screwdrivers, and you just splice it in and find a nearby ground for it. Simple stuff.

201 - 220 of 270 Posts