Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Zaino kit came in yesterday and today is such a nice sunny day for a car wash in San Diego. I wanna get started on the zaino. Any tips you guys and gals wanna share before i start the process? Sorry but I am a Zaino newb, so anything would help... thanks!

oh yah, is it okay if i use palmolive instead of dawn?

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I guess palmolive is OK. It doesn't have hand lotion in it? You just want to take off any oils or old wax. I think Zaino 1 will remove anything left from the wash. Do you have the accelerator? Let a it dry before buffing. I let 2-3 hrs with no accelerator. Less humid the better. I think Speedgal put on several coats. Have fun.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yes I have many coats, do not wash the car in the sun, best to wait till it is cool and shady. Thoroughly dry it with one of those absorber cloths, no water spots or streaks or they will stay there under your wax. Palmolive is ok as long as there is no anti bacterial/hand lotion shit in it I used ajax dish detergrnet. I had the accelerator, so after i put on one coat I let it sit for bout 45 min before buffing it off then I sprayed it with the gloss enhancer in small sections before I put on a new coat. Wax, gloss, wax, gloss, wax and so on........ best to do it away from trees as well so pollen does not fall on it. It is a long process, I have 4 coats and want at least 8 more before the summer is out..... After you zaino it NEVER use any other car wash liquid except the zaino wash or it wil be ruined, DO NOT use the quick dry arm and hammer thing either ALWAYS wash with zaino's soap. Any ?'s shoot me a pm...

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just Zaino'ed my car yesterday! It took awhile, but, as with all things that are worth it, the results are stunning!

If you plan on debadging your car, I'd say do it before you start going "in-Zaino". I was so excited to start polishing that I didn't sleep well the night before and I didn't read the "Tips & Tricks" section of the Zaino website...

Polish up and down on the sides, and forward and backwards on the top of your car is what Zaino recommends. I'll remember that next time.

I washed the car with Dawn first; that stuff really got the car super, squeeky clean; my wheels were literally squeeking as I dried them with my chamois.

I did my whole car with Z2, then Z5. I used less than one ounce of each polish for the whole car and wheels. I also didn't need to tape of sections of black rubber/plastic for fear of a wax stain that I'd get using carnuba-based products. However, I did tape off the wiper sqirter, antennae base, rear wiper base and the rubberized sun roof frame because those items always turn my applicator pad black.

Have fun!

A

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanks for all the tips... i finally finished for today! took me about lil over 4hrs. the palmolive worked good and no it didnt have the stuff you guys mentioned. after that wash i claybared the whole car then washed it with the z7. Then went on to the z5 and z6. i actually forgot to use the zfx and i'm wondering if i can go ahead and use that stuff after i had already used the z6? i only applied one coat of each polish so i think it would be ok... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
184 Posts
well thanks for all the tips... i finally finished for today! took me about lil over 4hrs. the palmolive worked good and no it didnt have the stuff you guys mentioned. after that wash i claybared the whole car then washed it with the z7. Then went on to the z5 and z6. i actually forgot to use the zfx and i'm wondering if i can go ahead and use that stuff after i had already used the z6? i only applied one coat of each polish so i think it would be ok... what do you guys think?
[/b]

I think you need more coats. When I did mine I did the following:Wash car with dawn and dry, then claybar and was with Z-7. Then used the Z-5 followed by the Z-6. Then went to the Z-2 with applications of Z-6 after. Did 2 coats of Z-2 total then finished off with Z-6. They say that the more coats you do the more depth you get.

I used the ZFX when I did mine or it would have taken forever to get the wax to dry. You can used it with more wax now. Read the Zaino sites FAQ's. They recommend using Z-6 inbetween coats of wax. I have pics in my car domain if you want to see.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think you need more coats. When I did mine I did the following:Wash car with dawn and dry, then claybar and was with Z-7. Then used the Z-5 followed by the Z-6. Then went to the Z-2 with applications of Z-6 after. Did 2 coats of Z-2 total then finished off with Z-6. They say that the more coats you do the more depth you get.

I used the ZFX when I did mine or it would have taken forever to get the wax to dry. You can used it with more wax now. Read the Zaino sites FAQ's. They recommend using Z-6 inbetween coats of wax. I have pics in my car domain if you want to see.
[/b]
how do you use zfx? Do you mix it with z-2 before applying it? If so, is the unused portion of z-2 wasted?
Or do you spray zfx over the finish after using z-2?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ok all the talk about the wax I need some where might I get it ?

·
Registered
979 Posts
the zaino bros website....

www.zainobros.com looks awesome on the speed cherry.. i am biased, but go find my post and you will see what zaino does to it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
just incase anyone on here doesnt know zaino is the best stuff ever...if i had a choice of being without zaino or air i'd definetly have to think about it for a while

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just incase anyone on here doesnt know zaino is the best stuff ever...if i had a choice of being without zaino or air i'd definetly have to think about it for a while
[/b]
haha... i really do agree that the zaino is the shiznit. even with one layer of that stuff on my car looked better than a months worth of waxing with zymol. also theres no wax build up. here's a pic of my MS6 after the zaino treatment, again this is only one layer of z5 and z6...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
haha... i really do agree that the zaino is the shiznit. even with one layer of that stuff on my car looked better than a months worth of waxing with zymol. also theres no wax build up. here's a pic of my MS6 after the zaino treatment, again this is only one layer of z5 and z6...

[/b]
:drool: :drool: :drool:

lets see a side pic my fellow zainoite

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:drool: :drool: :drool:

lets see a side pic my fellow zainoite
[/b]
not the greatest shot but here ya go...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I just bought some z1 and z5 to try and get the swirls out of my paint, but I still want to use my griots show car wax, so I was jw if mixing products would be a no-no? Also I still would like to use my griots car wash, which I don't think would effect the zaino since I will have the wax over the z5.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Stick with all the same brand if you aare using any kind of wash/wax sysytem... I do not recommend mixing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You are supposed to mix the ZFX with the wax you are using. Thats why they send you those little bottles. You put one ounce of wax (half of little bottle) then add 4-5 drops of ZFX and shake. Let it sit about 1-2 minutes before using. The stuff you just mixed will last about 24 hours before it will (die). And make sure you clean those bottles out with dawn to get rid of the wax film.

I also would recommend sticking with the same produst line. don't mix and match your waxes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
vulgar_si
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing