Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I decided to break out the Zaino on my newly purchased 06 Madza6 MazdaSpeed. Only 400 miles on it.

Here is the process:

Wash with Meguiars Car Wash
Clay Bar (The entire car - windows included)
Wash again

Typically here you would use Z5 for swirls or scratches but since the car is brand new there is no need.

Zaino Z2 with the new ZFX additive over the entire car including windows
Zaino Z6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer over the entire car including windows
Zaino Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal over entire car including windows

Armor All for the tires.

Took me about 3 1/2 hours to complete this process.

I believe the pics speak for themselves. The car feels so smooth..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Looks great, got it on quick so your paint should stay perfect as long as you keep up with it. I hope the speed6 is still around when I graduate.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
looks nice, congrats on the new car, now you can enjoy the process of cleaning it, by the way what did you use the products with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks nice, congrats on the new car, now you can enjoy the process of cleaning it, by the way what did you use the products with.
[/b]
Not sure I understand your question. Do you mean to apply the product?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Not sure I understand your question. Do you mean to apply the product?
[/b]
sorry i was tired when i wrote that i mean did you use a porter cable or by hand or rotary.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
By hand always....
[/b]
oh thats rough a porter cable does a much better job and takes about half the time, i would suggest in purchasing one.

·
Registered
466 Posts
oh thats rough a porter cable does a much better job and takes about half the time, i would suggest in purchasing one.
[/b]

The PC is a great tool, but for someone simply using the Z-2/Z-5 produycts, it's overkill. The PC comes in handy for the actual polishing.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
jeff just curious where are you located?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Olathe, KS Just south of Kansas City

[/b]
Its not rough at all actually. I enjoy it and its great exercise. I can see where certain people would have problems doing it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The PC is a great tool, but for someone simply using the Z-2/Z-5 produycts, it's overkill. The PC comes in handy for the actual polishing.
[/b]
thats true, it helps a ton when you want to polish. it also takes off the wax a lot quicker as well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I use the PC on my car with Zaino.
My process: Dawn wash
claybar
wash again
Z-5 pro x2
Z-2 pro x2
Z-6 gloss enhancer between each coat
Finished off with Z-8 Final detail spray

Attachments