Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my new Mazda6-S Hatch next week. It's an 04 w/ 23k miles on it and has every option. The car is bone stock.

What are some VERY BASIC mods?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Be sure to weight out mods for money vs. gain. I just did a magnaflow exhaust and Mazdaspeed intake. Probably all I will do, but it was over 500 bucks for both with moderate gains. You can easily but several thousand into a car for little gain.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dont worry my friend...all of as were newbies at one point. A very helpful thing to do is brouse this forum for as many things that come to your mind. Almost everybody here can tell you how this forums can be veru helpful for understanding diffrent concepts and mods. Also a very important thing already said is $$$ and how much are you willing to spend...For further info on products and pricing check out cp-e.com and therpmstore.com

·
Registered
76 Posts
I installed a B&M tranny cooler into mine, as well as a K&N air filter. Figured I would rather clean the filter and re-oil it as needed, rather than continue to buy paper replacements.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Buy a Racing Beat rear swaybar to get rid of some of that understeer the heavy v6 engine causes. bar costs $110ish. People say it makes the car a LOT more fun to drive.

+1 on the airbox mod. Its freeee!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i would recomned a cold air intake, and then remove the door guards thats free as well. i would tint it as well if you are going for looks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gotta lower the car. Price varies; lowering springs to coilovers. Also a nice touch to the otherwise plain wheelwell is to pain your calipers relatively cheaps. Both are do it your selfers. :drive:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts