Mazda 6 Forums banner

941 - 958 of 958 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2004 06 Mazda. I purchased the the Xcarlink, jumped the L716 circuit and have a fully functioning ipod. However, now I am having problems with my display and climate control. The a/c blower works but no cold air. rear defrost is not functioning, the recirculation air button ins't functioning and there is no information displayed on the dash about these funtions except --- (3 dashes). I have reinstalled the connections to the climate controls 3 times but no luck. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #942
The display and climate control aren't related to the L716 mod, nor do they really have anything to do with the radio itself. However, they are integral to the front panel, which is basically a plastic bezel with a circuit board attached to the back. If you are certain that everything is connected properly, it's possible that you tweaked the circuit board when you were attempting to remove the center console. Usually this is done by pulling too hard on the bottom of the bezel when you're trying to remove it. If too much pressure is used, the circuit board cracks somewhere between the A/C controls and the display, which causes this erratic behavior. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to fix this problem, so I can only hope that you've simply missed a connection somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How can I tell if I cracked the circuit board? Are there any other "features" that wouldn't be working? the air is actually working but I dont get any readout on the dashboard display. The modes are all working on the A/C but the light indicators don't. My dash display is now showing ---. How can I fix this?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #944
How can I tell if I cracked the circuit board? Are there any other "features" that wouldn't be working? the air is actually working but I dont get any readout on the dashboard display. The modes are all working on the A/C but the light indicators don't. My dash display is now showing ---. How can I fix this?
It could be difficult to tell if it's just a hairline crack. Like I said before, the behavior can be erratic, so it's difficult to tell you what problems it would cause. That's just what it sounds like from the symptoms that you've listed. Unfortunately, if the circuit board is indeed cracked, your only choice would be to replace it. I think we may have a spare face plate in our warehouse, or you could try eBay. You should be able to find one for around $50.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I left the car running and removed the 2 groups of wires (connections) leading to the climate control. After disengaging and reingaging the connector on the larger group of wires I now have the dash display working. Is is possible that I just crimped some wires or the connection is still not inserted properly (all the way in)? just trying to rule the simple stuff out before I go to the next level. ***Thank you for all the help. The xlink works great and I am thrilled with being able to use the ipod but really need to get the car back to 100%.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #946
I left the car running and removed the 2 groups of wires (connections) leading to the climate control. After disengaging and reingaging the connector on the larger group of wires I now have the dash display working. Is is possible that I just crimped some wires or the connection is still not inserted properly (all the way in)? just trying to rule the simple stuff out before I go to the next level. ***Thank you for all the help. The xlink works great and I am thrilled with being able to use the ipod but really need to get the car back to 100%.
Of course it's possible. You could do some continuity checks to try to narrow it down.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is there any way to get this to work with an iPhone 5? Perhaps a lightning connector option to replace the older iPhone connection?

Or is there no plan for this and the only option would be bluetooth?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #949
Is there any way to get this to work with an iPhone 5? Perhaps a lightning connector option to replace the older iPhone connection?

Or is there no plan for this and the only option would be bluetooth?
For now, you would need to use the Apple Lightning Adapter, which will work for audio and charging, but not for controls. The manufacturer is researching the new plug, but I can't provide an ETA at this time.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #951
Yeah, it will. It will also work with the Apple Lightning adapter for music and charging, but not for controls (steering wheel, etc).

·
Registered
1 Posts
xcarlink compatibility help!

Is anybody out there that can confirm whether the device will work 100% on a mazda 6 i 2005 ??? I have the grey center console and I'm not sure if I have a BOSE stereo or not, can anyone help me out here? there is some talk about it but I need to be completely sure before I spend any money on this.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #953
Is anybody out there that can confirm whether the device will work 100% on a mazda 6 i 2005 ??? I have the grey center console and I'm not sure if I have a BOSE stereo or not, can anyone help me out here? there is some talk about it but I need to be completely sure before I spend any money on this.
Yes, it will work.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #954

·
Registered
12 Posts
For now, you would need to use the Apple Lightning Adapter, which will work for audio and charging, but not for controls. The manufacturer is researching the new plug, but I can't provide an ETA at this time.
Assuming the plug for new iPhones/iPods never came to be? I've been using the XCarLink happily for several years, but now after switching to the lightning adapter and a newer iPod it only works sporadically. Sometimes it will take a few seconds to connect, up to a minute or two, and sometimes it just won't connect at all (EX4 on the headunit display). This thing is so great I'd be happy to buy a new one if mine's time has come, but I'd like it to have the new connection. Anyone else have any experience (success or failure) using a lightning adapter?
(By the way, when it does finally connect, the steering wheel controls work fine with the adapter.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased an '06 6s Sport, which has the Bose system. I just found this thread and was getting ready to order the iPod kit, but then noticed the comment above concerning the Lightning Cord...because we have 2 iPod Touch 5th Generation devices. I already have the Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter patch cord. Is there any new news on getting "full" controls functionality for Lightning Port devices?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #958
Controls will work with the Lightning adapter.

The discount used to bring the price down to $109.95 for club members. It's now below that for everyone. We're about to post about our Tax Return Sale, though, so keep an eye out for that if you'd like a discount. It will be posted within the next day or two.

941 - 958 of 958 Posts