Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 958 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RPM is ready to revolutionize the way you listen to music in your 2003-2008 Mazda 6/Mazdaspeed 6! Your iPod/MP3 integration solution is finally here!

With our iPod integration kit, you simply plug in your iPod and listen to it through your car's factory stereo system.

Don't have an iPod? No problem! With our USB MP3 Player integration kit, you simply plug in any USB flash drive or USB external hard drive and the unit will play any MP3s stored on the drive through your car's factory stereo system! This may also work with some brands of MP3 Players that allow direct access to their storage via USB without special drivers, such as the Creative MuVo. We even got it to play songs directly off of a digital camera! Of course, if the device cannot be powered via the USB cable (such as the camera), it will use the device's batteries.

Both of the integration solutions will automatically start playing your MP3s when you start your car, and will even resume playing right where you left off! They will also allow you to use your steering wheel controls to change songs and feature a 1/8" stereo plug/jack to allow you to input other sources, such as satellite radio.

iPod Integration Kit Features:
• Compatible with any iPod with a dock connector on the bottom, including iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod photo, and iPod video.
• Power on automatic play function and power off automatic pause.
• Automatic pause when switching to FM, AM, CD, or TAPE/MD.
• No battery required.
• Keeps your iPod charged at all times.
• Direct connection with CD-quality sound.
• 1/8" stereo plug for other auxilliary input.
• Use your steering wheel controls to change songs.
• Use your head unit to change songs or fast forward and rewind.
• Supports up to 9 playlists in "playlist mode"

USB MP3 Integration Kit Features:
• Compatible with any USB-compatible storage device.
• Exclusive built-in high quality MP3 decoder.
• Power on automatic play function and power off automatic pause..
• Automatic pause when switching to FM, AM, CD, or TAPE/MD.
• No battery required.
• Direct connection with CD-quality sound.
• 1/8" stereo jack for other auxilliary input.
• Allows the use of the steering wheel controls to change songs.

For details on how the unit works, the installation procedure, and what is included, please visit the appropriate order link below. All of this information is included on the website!

NOTE: 2004 Mazda 6 head units require a small modification to the circuit board in order to enable use of the external CD changer port. This was not an issue in 2003 and was resolved for the 2005 model year. If you have a 2004 Mazda 6 and would like to know exactly what is required, the modification is detailed on this site: HU Modification (L716) -- To summarize, there is a location on the circuit labeled L716. This location must be jumpered in order for the external CD changer port to function. Placing a tiny bead of solder across the two leads is all that is required.

NOTE for vehicles with integrated Sirius Satellite Radio: The AudioLink unit is not compatible with the integrated Sirius satellite radio module. Both this unit and the factory satellite radio module connect to the headunit using the same port, so only one or the other may be used at any given time. If you have the satellite radio, but do not use it, you are able to switch to the AudioLink with no problems.

HOW TO ORDER!

Our retail price for the unit is $139.95, but the iPod version is currently on sale for just $99.95 and the USB version is $109.95! This includes free shipping anywhere in the US!

Order the iPod Integration Kit

Order the USB MP3 Player Integration Kit

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
WHOA! :eek:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Cool! Quite a bit cheaper than Neo Ion which goes for $220 posted in the in car electronics section!

Just a couple of questions:

1. The cable looks kinda short, how long is it? Looks like it won't be able to reach the armrest without some serious stretching.

2. Will you be able to access your playlists using buttons 1,2,3,4,5,6 like the Neo Ion one?

3. Will the random button on the HU cause the ipod to play random songs as well?

4. Will you be able to control the Ipod UI even with it pllugged in? I know the Neo Ion one has two modes: one where you can use the HU to control the IPOD, and another where you just can use your ipod.

5. Any chance of it getting here before Christmas?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. The cable will reach the center console, but once you've gotten the connector through the little grille in the bottom, you'll probably only have about 3 or 4 inches of cable left. If you plan on never touching your iPod, this would be fine. I chose to route mine to the cupholders. This gives me access to the iPod if I need it and also allows me to hide the iPod in the cupholders when I leave the car.

2. No, you must select the playlist/artist/album you want to listen to using the iPod. You can then use the steering wheel controls or center console to navigate through the tracks (or fast forward/rewind).

3. The "random" button has no effect. The "shuffle" setting on your iPod controls whether the songs are shuffled or not.

4. Yes. While plugged in, the iPod display and controls operate the same as always. This means that you can still see the song/artist/time information as well as rate songs and change playlists/albums/artists.

5. While there is a chance that I will get my shipment before Christmas, I don't think that I will be able to have them to your door by Christmas.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! ;)

·
Registered
586 Posts
hey, can u get this for other cars as well? i tried to look for "audio link" "audio link car mp3 player" "audio link ipod" on yahoo...didnt find anything... let me know, my brother has an rx8 and wants to link his ipod..same with my sister and her 01 eclipse

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, can u get this for other cars as well? i tried to look for "audio link" "audio link car mp3 player" "audio link ipod" on yahoo...didnt find anything... let me know, my brother has an rx8 and wants to link his ipod..same with my sister and her 01 eclipse
[/b]
For the RX8, look here:

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=77790

It's the same unit we are selling here.

I'm not aware of anything for the Eclipse, but I'll ask.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, the necessary plug is on the back of the HU for all 2003-2005 models. However, you'll probably have to crack the cover off of your HU to jumper L716.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Monk is correct. All Mazda head units have the port, but the 2004 headunits have the port disabled, which is why the L716 position on the circuit board must be jumpered.

On another note, I know that the 05+ vehicles had the option of factory satellite radio. If you have and use this option, it uses this same port, so you would not be able to use these integration units at the same time as your factory satellite radio.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great news! The USB MP3 Player Integration Kit will be available earlier than expected! We're getting them in the same shipment as the iPod units! So, we have updated the first post and are now taking pre-orders for that unit as well!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great news! The USB MP3 Player Integration Kit will be available earlier than expected! We're getting them in the same shipment as the iPod units! So, we have updated the first post and are now taking pre-orders for that unit as well!
[/b]
With the USB mp3 player I see it has a line in...... Can I connect a 1/8 plug to RCA converter to the line in so I can get RCAs to hook up to a video source?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes, you can. ;)
[/b]
Is there a way to choose which source you want to be listening to (the line in or the usb)? Or must you unplug one when you want to use the other?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're correct. You would just unplug the USB device and it would automatically switch to the line-input. The same goes for the iPod unit, except you don't have to unplug the iPod, you can just pause it.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No. It is built specifically for the Mazda factory headunit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't yet removed my 2006 "non bose" unit, so I don't know if it's the same radio as the 2005 and lower versions.

I assume by it's faceplate, the radio is slightly different.
Has anyone installed it into a 2006 model?

If not, I'll probably do it this summer.

Thanks for your help.
:yesnod:

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have not tested a 2006 Mazda 6, but I'm 99% sure it would work as this also works on the Mazda 3 and the RX-8.

1 - 20 of 958 Posts