Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys talk about your speed6 has problems? lol... daaaaaaaaamn this is the EXACT freaking letter i typed and sent to mazda in cali, and the rep came and denied me my warranty on the second time my rear axle broke (in the same exact place as every one else's!).... if you want, there is a summerized verision at the very bottom...

Mazda North American Operations
Consumer Compliance
7755 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618-2922

Dear Mazda:

I leased my 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 on December 15th, 2005 after having to test drive countless automobiles, and picked the perfect one.
1. The very first day I had gotten the car, I realized that the driver side window was not going down. So the day after I had leased the Speed6, I had to go back to Brown’s Fairfax Mazda to get it fixed. At first, I did not think much of it, but now I realize how it was just a head start from day one in a snowball effect of problems which would not stop.
2. Just three weeks or 1,251 miles later, I came across a few problems which really astounded me from Mazda’s flagship vehicle. Just from one bolt which came out, the left side drive shaft, differential mount, and the LSD bolts had to be replaced. In which I was not issued a replacement car or a rental car of the same value.
3. Subsequently, at 3,580 miles, about 2,300 miles after the drive train components had to be replaced; the front lighter port underneath the system deck went bad. My service advisor later told me that the fuse had to be replaced, and so he replaced it and I still was not issued a car in return for the inconvenience.
4. Ever since 5,756 miles, the car had been making a very infuriating and embarrassing squeaking noise. My service advisor had it checked out, and told me that it was normal brake noise, which would normally come to be noticed when the brakes are applied. The dilemma is that the noise still came regardless of if I am applying the brakes or not. First, when in a parking lot, looking for parking going 10MPH, it is a very high pitch and evident noise. Next, the noise is really evident almost every time the car is taking a minor or even a sharp turn at slow speeds of 15MPH or below. Sometimes, the noise would be apparent even at speeds of 45 to 65MPH. So everything was talked about and discussed, nothing was done to resolve my Speed6’s predicament. At the same visit to Mazda, I conversed with my advisor about a problem with my keyless entry system, and the panic button was not working properly, until very close to the vehicle, and my advisor told me that I was not pushing it right, so I just dealt with it. This problem is later fixed after about two more visits to Brown’s Fairfax Mazda.
5. At 7,128 Miles, I had noticed that the front two tires had been wearing out horribly on the outside, and I had the advisor check the tire pressure, and the alignment out to see if everything is in check. In return, he told and showed me everything was in proper working order, and blamed the tire wearing on the driving habits. In return, I could not do much more because I already don’t drive the car aggressively. At the same time, the 7,500 mile service was due soon, so I got it done and over with, which rotated the tires, changed the oil, and so on. A few days later, I was talking to a friend of mine who is a mechanic at Jiffy Lube, and I told him exactly the conditions of the tire, and he told me that the tire pressure was the problem not the driving habits. So I put the tire pressure at 40psi cold, and ever since then, I haven’t had any problems with it. So after everything was said and done, it was the mechanics lack of knowledge of proper tire pressure which resulted in me having horrible tires at such little miles
6. Since day one, I had trouble with the turbo part of the vehicle, but never had been able to explain or show my service advisor the problem properly for him to understand. So I was on my way to the dealership for some other issues, and on the way there, I had come across the problem, where the turbo just simply shuts down after engine had been driven in or out of heavy traffic. After at least five to ten attempts at explaining the issue to a service advisor, I had finally showed him this, and he debated with Mazda corps, and they told him to first, try a fuel booster, which would later not do anything to the engine, except put foreign chemicals which is not needed in a brand new vehicle. Next, after three or four more attempts, Mazda Corps told my service advisor to re-flash the PCM, and I had gotten the car back the same day, but still was not issued a rental car or any form of transportation. This setback took Mazda 5 months and 7,656 miles to fix a mechanical problem which could have risked the life of me or my family, or even strangers because the turbo could have cut out on me when I would be merging into major traffic, and a sudden lost of power.
7. 8,315 miles down the road of frustration from Mazda’s flagship vehicle, the keyless entry didn’t work majority of the times. The moments it didn’t work, I had to manually open the door with the key tucked inside the credit card like key. So, my service advisor said that the battery was not at its best performing level, even though just 1,000 miles earlier, the battery was rated “good” with the cold cranking Amps was 441. So, they replaced the battery, and gave the car back to me. It worked fine for a few days, then it got really bad again, and the key really was never working any longer. So, my service adviser went a head and compared the current remote I was using to the spare one, and found out that it was the key all along, not the battery or any other programs. So the key got replaced and so did the whole program. It took Brown’s Fairfax Mazda 2 attempts at the resolution, but numerous amounts of guessing work.
8. So now, there are about 11,250 miles on the car, and the same thing is happening to the car as it when it had 1,251 miles on it, almost identical noises, and behavior and the people at Browns Fairfax Mazda are telling me that now the whole rear axle has to be replaced. Now, if Browns Fairfax Mazda would have replaced everything affected negatively by the loose bolt which came out, and damaged the drive train system, we would not be having this problem 10,000 miles later.
In the past 7 months, I have gone to the Mazda dealership over ten times, plus a car to pick me up from there, and the dealership is about 25 miles one way trip, times two for one car, and multiply the total of that by two for two cars, that’s 100 miles in total for which I have to pay for gas at $3.00 Plus a gallon. Let us not forget the frustration I get from Mazda’s flagship vehicle’s horrific performance, and reliability. I have been utterly disappointed in the work Mazda has done to this vehicle, and so in return, I would like either my money back for what I have paid Mazda, or I want a Brand New 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 with 0 miles on the odometer, and a fresh start.

---
Summerized version:

I leased my FULLY LOADED 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 back in December of 2005. Ever since then, I have had trouble with the car. First, the driver side window was not going down. A few days after I bought the car, I realized that the turbo kept giving out on me. Then I came across a HUGE dilemma, where the Limited Slip Differential, drive shaft, and all the bolts and hinges had to be replaced because of a bolt which was not torque enough. THEN, the brakes kept making an annoying noise even without the brakes applied at low and high speeds. Subsequently, the tires wear and tear was horrible at 6,000 miles, to the point where i should have replaced them, and Mazda didn’t do crap about it. Later I found out that the air pressure in the tire was too low. After that, the keyless entry/keyless start remote stopped working, and had to open the car manually, which got fixed after 2 attempts, and just replaced the whole thing. Now, there is a problem with the rear axle, and how it has to be replaced, because when the Limited Slip Differential problem came across, they neglected to look or fix the axle from the start. NOW they have the courage to tell me that I have to pay for the axle, the rent a car, and all the expenses, because they were negligent of looking at it from the start. They are blaming the axle issue on the tires, when they were bad to start with and the tires that were going bad were the front ones, not the rear.

·
Registered
967 Posts
My MS6 hasn't had any problems to date. I got the reflash and that's it. Gas her up and go. :drive: I'm sorry to hear about all of you that are having issues. On the dealer note, Brown's Mazda in Fairfax is CRAP! unfortunately, I've dealt with them in the past. I purchased a new MSP back in 2003 and I refused to buy it from them because I had a bad experience with them the previous year. Anyway, I ended up taking my car to their service department for warranty work for convenience sake. They worked on my car twice and I NEVER took my car back there again. They were utterly horrible. I received the car back the first time and they didn't reassemble the airbox correctly. They forgot to put the filter in AND they didn't attach all of the screws. The second time I went they were supposed to fix the stereo. I left it there for 3 days and when I went back to pick it up they had FORGOTTEN to fix the stereo. However, my car had an extra 42 miles on the odometer! I guess they had to drive the hell out of it in order to road test the stereo.

You really should go to another dealership for service even if it is even further out. Your letter continually points at their lack of fixing the job right the first time around. Not that there wasn't anything wrong with the car, but a lot of your problems appear to be dealer aggrevated issues.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, i really appreicate you reading it... but anyway...yea i tried to really point out the dealership's fault and the car's repeating bullshit....

and i'm going to try Rosenthal Mazda in tysons to see if their customer service is better....cause i jsut simply cannot deal with their bullshit service....

i'm not surprised at all at the service you recieved there....

·
Registered
580 Posts
Really sorry to hear that, man. Hope you get all this stuff ironed out and resolved as needed.

BTW, check out my license plate:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I had an addendum to my manuals about state lemon laws...did you get one with yours? Sounds like you might qualify.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
*squeezes the lemon to make lemonade*

That's Weak....Mazda is not trying to own up on it's responsibility at all!!!!....hopefully you can take this to another dealer, and they'll satisfy your needs.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, theres where the light bulb went on, when i was looking through the all the books Mazda provided me! i'm actually in the process of getting in touch with one of the guys at this other dealership....but its almost as if they're never there!..... this is the worste customer service i've ever encountered

I did not qualify, for the lemon law- the Mazda rep came by in august and denied my warranty and blamed i on the driver. Meanwhile, there are a lot other of the same cars having the same issues, i'm thinking about taking this to court, but its a maybe.....
if i do, whats your opinions on it?

My MS6 hasn't had any problems to date. I got the reflash and that's it. Gas her up and go. :drive: I'm sorry to hear about all of you that are having issues. On the dealer note, Brown's Mazda in Fairfax is CRAP! unfortunately, I've dealt with them in the past. I purchased a new MSP back in 2003 and I refused to buy it from them because I had a bad experience with them the previous year. Anyway, I ended up taking my car to their service department for warranty work for convenience sake. They worked on my car twice and I NEVER took my car back there again. They were utterly horrible. I received the car back the first time and they didn't reassemble the airbox correctly. They forgot to put the filter in AND they didn't attach all of the screws. The second time I went they were supposed to fix the stereo. I left it there for 3 days and when I went back to pick it up they had FORGOTTEN to fix the stereo. However, my car had an extra 42 miles on the odometer! I guess they had to drive the hell out of it in order to road test the stereo.

You really should go to another dealership for service even if it is even further out. Your letter continually points at their lack of fixing the job right the first time around. Not that there wasn't anything wrong with the car, but a lot of your problems appear to be dealer aggrevated issues.
[/b]

i got the reflash back in april or may, i was on of the first to get it....they sent the recall in august...

·
Registered
870 Posts
That sucks. Has Mazda corporate gotten in touch with you?

Btw how much are they charging you for the rear axle.

·
Registered
856 Posts
There's no way in hell I would pay for it!
Sounds like that dealership is full of a bunch of winners!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Really sorry to hear that, man. Hope you get all this stuff ironed out and resolved as needed.

BTW, check out my license plate:
[/b]
Another Bedford car.. WOW I think Bedfordhas more cars sold on this board than any other dealer...
I got a great deal on mine as well a lil over a month ago there. I'm over in Strongsville BTW

·
Registered
413 Posts
My MS6 hasn't had any problems to date. I got the reflash and that's it. Gas her up and go. :drive:
[/b]
I'm sure he really appreciates knowing how perfectly your car runs. Why doesn't everyone just reply and say that they have no problems with their cars and make him feel worse? Put little smiley driving-guy icons on there too to, rub it in.

·
Registered
267 Posts
hey man, my front tires are wearing funny too. I dont drive really aggresive either. Are they wearing like on just the outside and leaving a little lip or raised part on each of the contact surfaces or patches?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey man, my front tires are wearing funny too. I dont drive really aggresive either. Are they wearing like on just the outside and leaving a little lip or raised part on each of the contact surfaces or patches?
[/b]

how many miles do you have on yours?

but yea this happend through 2nd of august and i got the car back august 20 something..... so i HAD to pay for it...what other choise did i have? not pay for it, go without a car which i'm paying for ++++ pay for a fucking rental....nooooooooooooo and then realize that i have to pay for it....

the mazda rep came around august 15th to check out the damage, and he came to a conclusion of the fault is in the driver's hand because of the wear on the tires in the FRONT (at the time i had them roated to the rear... the wear on the tires had been done while they were in the front).....while he was there, he was totally bullshitting

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Expect to see no more Mazdaspeeds comng to aMerica...

it seems like it's all been a big headache...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Expect to see no more Mazdaspeeds comng to aMerica...

it seems like it's all been a big headache...
[/b]

wait what? what the hell does aMerica mean? i'm confused lol

·
Registered
856 Posts
how many miles do you have on yours?

but yea this happend through 2nd of august and i got the car back august 20 something..... so i HAD to pay for it...what other choise did i have? not pay for it, go without a car which i'm paying for ++++ pay for a fucking rental....nooooooooooooo and then realize that i have to pay for it....

the mazda rep came around august 15th to check out the damage, and he came to a conclusion of the fault is in the driver's hand because of the wear on the tires in the FRONT (at the time i had them roated to the rear... the wear on the tires had been done while they were in the front).....while he was there, he was totally bullshitting
[/b]
So they fixed it and then told you to pay for it after it was already fixed??
I would have told them to go screw themselves that you want the car back fixed and paid for or just the broke car back and take it somewhere else. Making them undo the work.
There is absolutely no reason they should make you pay for that. Just keep the receipts and hopefully if a TSB or Recall is issued you can get reimbursed.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
wait what? what the hell does aMerica mean? i'm confused lol
[/b]
...............aMerica = United States of capitalistic Mazda

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol thanks..... for the deffinition!

ooooh yea.... i have reccord of EVERY single fucking time the car went in the shop.... and every single reciept, and anything you can think of......

·
Registered
580 Posts
Another Bedford car.. WOW I think Bedfordhas more cars sold on this board than any other dealer...
I got a great deal on mine as well a lil over a month ago there. I'm over in Strongsville BTW
[/b]
Hahah, nice. I'm in River.

·
Registered
778 Posts
spooling6
i got the reflash back in april or may, i was on of the first to get it....they sent the recall in august... [/b]
I had mine reflashed in May and then again in August. The may reflash is not the most recent. Someone had issues with the rear end I think and because someone fixed the problem but didn't look into what caused the problem he had to take it to another dealer and they fixed it right the second time. I would definetly try a different dealer. Sorry about the probs.

It was a lot easier explaining the lose of power with a boost gauge. I drove up and never shut off the car. Took a drive with the dealer and then pulled over and shut off the car, restarted drove around and then he understood what I was saying. The tire issue I have noticed also however when these tires are gone I'm planning on buying some better ones. Almost all stock tires are gone by 30K. My front were wearing a little fast so I rotated about 1 month ago.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts