Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you guys with Eibachs....

Have you driven around with 4 people in the car yet? I'm just wondering if there were any problems, or if you hit the bumpstops at all.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Reading Topic: You guys with Eibachs

Drove around with 3 passengers (so that's 4 including me). No problems whatsoever. Ride was smooth as ever. I haven't once hit the bumpstops, and I've pushed it pretty hard (by myself, not with passengers).

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

4 passenger and a full trunk when I go to the beach.
Tires around 1/2" clerance with the bumper with 33psi. With all my original equipment 205/55 R16
Big problem if I had been installed the Eibasch
Aprox total 4 person weight in my 6= 550 lbs
Aprox Total weight in the trunk= 200 lbs incluied my Box with 2 Pioneer 300W Speakers

·
Registered
229 Posts

I put about 2000 miles on the car since I installed the springs. I don't have any problem myself and i drive this thing to and from work everyday. it rides smooth and I don't have any problem even with a full load of passengers in my car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Replying to Topic 'You guys with Eibachs'

how does the body roll feel after the install of the new springs? I definately want to do this, but need to know if the body roll is improved. Also wondering about the ride quality. Is it diminished at all. ie. bumps feel bigger then before. I'm hoping with better tires, sorings,and strut bar that it will be an animal on the turns.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by SCORPION6

4 passenger and a full trunk when I go to the beach.
Tires around 1/2" clerance with the bumper with 33psi. With all my original equipment 205/55 R16
Big problem if I had been installed the Eibasch
Aprox total 4 person weight in my 6= 550 lbs
Aprox Total weight in the trunk= 200 lbs incluied my Box with 2 Pioneer 300W Speakers[/b]
But you can't compare the Eibachs to the stock springs when you talk about ride height with a load. The Eibachs are progressive rate springs in that they are stiffer the more you compress them. Stock springs are constant rate springs (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Ok killer13 in this case mine is with stock spring.
But also with the Eibasch you lower the 6 around 1.5" or something like that. With the same weight like mine and with the Eibach I suppouse the car has to lower more or not? Or stay stiffer at the same height?
TOMAS

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I'm not too sure about that. Best thing to do would be for someone on here to take measurements with stock and Eibachs given a full load (four people, luggage, etc.) To me it seems that this car has much more wheel clearance in the front than in the rear. I would think the Eibachs would have staggered the drop a little more from front to rear.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

I think in the front is 1" and in the rear 1,5"

·
Registered
47 Posts

Do any of you have regrets installing the springs bc im about to do it.. im going to get them installed next week im waiting on the shipping.. and im wondering if theres any regrets vs the stock springs?

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by pimp6i

Do any of you have regrets installing the springs bc im about to do it.. im going to get them installed next week im waiting on the shipping.. and im wondering if theres any regrets vs the stock springs?[/b]
If you don't mind me asking ? How much for the install ? and where are you having it done ? Thanx

·
Registered
47 Posts

No i dont mind u asking me at all Im having it installed @ Ventura's auto body and im not sure yet how much for the charge I know the guy hes really good he shaved my door handles in my eclipse and he did the suspension on my accord last year he does alot of body work and suspension / incl paint jobs and what not... he's a good guy to bring ur car to if its getting modded. he charged me 250 last year to install my Coilovers & did a very good job.

meat6 where in ma?

·
Registered
878 Posts

Milford.....495 / Mass pike
Thanx pimp, just looking for a good place to have it done. Let me know what he gives ya for a price or maybe a two for one price ? lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts