Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a brand new 2016 Mazda 6 with Yokohama Avid Ascend, already after 35k miles they were worn out.
My driving would be considered by many as a gentleman style, commuting 80 miles round trip to work on highway and hardly any city. My car has never seen a graveled road. The dealership nor the Yokohama dealer representative gave my any rebate towards new tires even though (according to Yokohama's website they come with 80k warranty) with that I put on the tire Michelin Defender tires, that I have had used as winter tires on a previous Volvo, but still as of today is okay.
Living in Pacific North West with some moderate (not severe) winter I like to find an All-Season tire that has a good life.
What are my neighbors riding on?
Thanks for a great forum

Per

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
For an 80-mile daily commute with the roads you're talking about, that's WAY too soon to have worn out tires in my opinion.

With ~100 mile daily commute, I got 55k out of my OEM Dunflops that were "meh" at best. My 2nd set of tires (Falken) would have lasted me 60k+ if one didn't get a bubble from a pothole. I had bridgestone blizzacks for winters and they ran great for about 45k miles but the sidewalls started cracking from age since I got them used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts