Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Go to the last 3 minutes thats when I really got after it. No flaming either thats my first time doing donuts with any car so give me a break and yes I do own the car so dont start throwing out comments on stuff that could have broken.... its not your problem

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey MazdaSpeed6, it must suck being in Florida with no snow. HAHA :nana: :laugh:[/b]
Yea I sometimes wish I did have snow. But then again I dont have to worry about snow tires and corrosion lol. But snow is awesome I used to live in MD for a lil bit.

Go to the last 3 minutes thats when I really got after it. No flaming either thats my first time doing donuts with any car so give me a break and yes I do own the car so dont start throwing out comments on stuff that could have broken.... its not your problem[/b]
No ones saying nething bad about the vid bro. Chill its actually some nice sliding you got goin. I figured the owner of the car would be on this forum anyways. Nice Work

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Im not mad about what anyone has said yet but Im just letting those select few that hafta say somethin bad about everything to keep it to themselves if possible.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yes I did twice trying to go into 2nd it didnt want to when I was trying to spin it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Haha, nice. Looks like all the power is going to the rear wheels too. Looks like fun.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
It defintily looks like you got the hang of it :drive: Too bad saturday is suppose to be 42 and clear I would love to go out and tear it up.

·
Registered
826 Posts
How were you drifting? Just sharp turns and letting the snow kick out? Or were you e-braking it? Clutch-kicking?

I'm curious...

And no, my knowledge of drifting does not come from Tokyo Drift...

it comes from wikipedia :laugh: :laugh: jk.

But if that was your first time, thats pretty good still. Rev-matching perhaps to get into second?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Thaks guys I didnt pull the ebrake at all. As for getting a hang of it I couldnt manage to do spins for the first 5 minutes and then for the last minute I got it. Then I came back like an hour later and the last minute thirty of the video is my second run and you can tell by that point I was pretty solid on what I was attempting. Id say I got it at about 90% perfection. I was also very nervous for the first few minutes as this was my first time attempting this in any vehicle so just getting a feel for it. Im working on another video now I hope to have up in a week so stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Looks like you had fun. :) And glad to see you did watch out and becareful of the hidden curbs. ;)

Maybe I should take my FWD out and do spinning in reverse. ;)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Thats the parking lot where I learned to drive stick so I have been around it alot.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
YESSS!!!!! super troopers your the man just for listening to that song lol

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That makes the two of us... lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
lol can this be accomplish with mazda6 s ATX ? Im curious, cause it snow alot here in MD lately. Im thinkin i have to switch to Manual mode, turn off TCS, and first gear it all the way right ?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
where those on the bridgestones? haha im scurred i'll be sliding around tonite[/b]

That makes the two of us... lol[/b]
No I was running Pirelli all-seasons

1 - 20 of 20 Posts