Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I seem to have the same dreaded slipping/shuddering clutch, with my 2004 Mazda6s, 64k miles. It doesn't slip when I change gears, but only when I give it some gas, usually in 3rd, 4th or 5th gears. However, the clutch seems to be fine in the mornings, which are cooler now (50 degrees) - the slipping shows up on warm days, and after driving for a while up. I also have an intermittent starter whine, which seems to come and go as well.

Is it just the clutch that needs to be replaced? I am thinking of the Exedy OEM replacement.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yes your clutch is going out. It does not slip as bad when cold because the metal parts are all contracted. When they get warm they expand which makes the clutch more lose. I would do at least the stage 1, the price isnt much different, and it is built to take more HP, so with stock power it should last longer.

You will also need to have your flywheel machined, or replaced. Machining it should only run you about 50 bucks, make sure you take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
fullmetal6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing