Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice night yesterday , had the chance to race some car that beat me before i had my front mount installed ;)

so this video is for the people who wanted to see my TACH and my boost at the same time ! boost is set at 15psi since its getting colder.
that mustang GT 2005 used to catch up to me after the 1/8th when i had my top mount with 18psi ....
look at the difference ;)

mazdaspeed 6 VS mustang GT 2005 with bolt ons(chip , headers , pipes, cold air)
1 = http://videos.streetfire.net/video/da0574c...84a0098fe57.htm

This one here is a WRX that used to beat me all summer long . but this race i forgot to launch , i was spaced out LOL , i posted it to make you guys laugh a bit ;)
2 = http://videos.streetfire.net/video/298e65f...84a009ad747.htm

rematch with the WRX !! this time i launched lol!! so he would beat me when i had my top mount with 18psi. as soon as i would hit my 3 gear he would pass me , but with my front mount and 15psi look at the difference. i missed my 3rd gear and i still beat him.
mazdaspeed 6 VS wrx

3 = http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a25327c...84a009c930c.htm

rematch again , BUT this time i didnt miss any gear so clean race!!!
mazdaspeed 6 VS wrx

4 = http://videos.streetfire.net/video/52bcfdd...84a009e26f4.htm

This one is against a skyline GTR AWD twin turbo at 15psi . he used to catch up to me as well as soon as i hit 3rd gear!! but with the front mount its a different story ;)
mazdaspeed 6 VS skyline GTR and also i raced this CIVIC SI swaped GSR !! i didnt want to race him but its been 3 weeks that he bugs me to race him . so i dont think he will ask me to race again LOL

5 = http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7fd4560...84a00a1edfa.htm

ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
So basically beating a WRX is possible with a front mount??? interesting

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great Videos! Big fan of you by the way. Your very innovative and obviously a vital person to these forums. Keep up the great work and keep the videos coming please. If i may request Id like to see you run a evo sti and supra... hehe not that its in your control lol. THANKS FOR THE VIDEOS. BTW 5th video is a repeat of you and the wrx if you can fix that.
~Jake

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Same link for 4 and 5. Please post link to the GTR race! Great runs btw! :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guy , i fixed the link , it works now!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is awesome. You need a rematch with the Jeep Cherokee SRT8 and a better launch.
[/b]
hehehe , i wanted to but he wasnt there last night

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
That mustang should be running in the 12s with his mods. That guy must be a bad driver or something.

Is your time in your signature correct?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That mustang should be running in the 12s with his mods. That guy must be a bad driver or something.

Is your time in your signature correct?
[/b]
not every time that someone looses a race it is because of the driver !!! thats funny....
its his car man , if he cant drive then me and you as well!! because he drives it every day not us

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Good runs, deffinitly. What did you run stock compared to your 13.3?

·
Registered
104 Posts
This makes me want to throw more money into my car :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Couple of quick questions, at what RPM do you generally shift at? Have you had the car dyno'd yet? If so, where did you make peak power?

·
Registered
532 Posts
P5, you the man!!! :drive:

The videos are awesome. I am a newbie at AWD, how do u launch our cars? How did you do it at the track? I am planning on taking mine to the track next month and want to get all the help I can get. I know how to launch FWD & RWD, but the more I know, the better. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Awesome vids!!

What track was that? The stop sign at the line was in French, were you in Quebec?

·
Registered
267 Posts
So basically beating a WRX is possible with a front mount??? interesting
[/b]
You can beat wrx's stock. I have around here a couple of times. My friend has a 04 wrx and I beat him countless times and then we switch and i drove his car and he drove mine and he beat me a couple of times. Dont get me wrong, i love suby's. I just to big for them. What is interesting is that with the numbers that p5freek has, he should be beating sti's now. I wanna see him race a stock WRX STI or a Evo

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can beat wrx's stock. I have around here a couple of times. My friend has a 04 wrx and I beat him countless times and then we switch and i drove his car and he drove mine and he beat me a couple of times. Dont get me wrong, i love suby's. I just to big for them. What is interesting is that with the numbers that p5freek has, he should be beating sti's now. I wanna see him race a stock WRX STI or a Evo
[/b]
i already did many times, but this is not a stock WRX ;)

P5, you the man!!! :drive:

The videos are awesome. I am a newbie at AWD, how do u launch our cars? How did you do it at the track? I am planning on taking mine to the track next month and want to get all the help I can get. I know how to launch FWD & RWD, but the more I know, the better. Thanks!
[/b]
its all practice ,go to the track a couple of times and you will get used to it as well

Awesome vids!!

What track was that? The stop sign at the line was in French, were you in Quebec?
[/b]
yeh im in montreal to be more precise

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
So basically beating a WRX is possible with a front mount??? interesting [/b]
If you look at the video it says he has a 3" exhaust (assuming he meant full turboback) & ECUtek (which is an ECU reflash). If you're not familiar with Subies, generally that's good for a claimed 280-300bhp depending on the tuner, in a car that's 500 lbs lighter than ours. When I owned a WRX and had similiar mods (turboback, up-pipe & ECUtek reflash) I was running consistent [email protected] Opening up the exhaust and reflashing the ECU makes a HUGE difference on WRX's. So no, you don't need a FMIC to beat a 02-05 WRX, we can beat them stock, I know I used to own one. An 06 might give us a slightly better run for our money though, but you sould still pull on them as well.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
alot of 06 wrx owners have ran high 13s stock. so i would say its a drivers race between the 06 wrx and the mazdaspeed6.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
alot of 06 wrx owners have ran high 13s stock. so i would say its a drivers race between the 06 wrx and the mazdaspeed6. [/b]
I would agree, but from what I've seen people posting, our MS6's consistantly trap 1-2mph higher than the 06 WRX's. I think the only reason so many 06 WRX owners have posted high 13 second time slips is there are more dedicated (ie race oriented) WRX owners out there that take their cars to the track, than there are MS6 owners. I could be wrong though. I also test drove a 06 WRX Ltd before I bought my MS6, and my MS6 definately felt faster. I think it would be a close race, but we should be able to edge one out. Not to mag race, but check this out http://www.wheels.ca/features/jan_06_mazda6_vs_wrx.php very close 1320 times, but with the MS6 still trapping 4 km/h (about 2mph) higher than the 06 WRX.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.