Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I finally got my car, after banging my head to wall many days and trying to pass time in this forum. NOW it is time for first reviews of this yellow "Pikachu vehicle". :)

I took the car with most spices. No NAV and no 'moonroof' but basicly everything else. I personally wasn't sure about the reverse radar, but I had to compromise that under my wifes pressure. She wouldn't take a new car without it, and it was cheap extra after all.

I am okay with the radar, just that usually it looks "not good" at the rear bumper. And in this case my worst fears came true. Okay, I can live with that I thought... Since a year or two later we will make a trip to Germany and make a whole "face lift" for the car anyways, then we can consider hiding those black dots some way or other (we wanted the air bumpers and sides and who knows what else, maybe spoiler etc. but that kind of decorations for later). In Germany, because we will save more than the trip would cost. A free ride around Europe - in a way. :)

But now back to topic. The first 100 km.

When I got the car, it had 4km driven, just to move it from Japan to here. I was able to get only extra 100 at the first evening. More coming this weekend.

First there was all kinds of rattle coming from the back of the car - that was fixed easily.... I took my summer tyres for a safe keeping from the boot, and put back the top cover of the boot, that cover makes sounds when it is off ofcourse. After this I had empty car - nothing making extra sounds - it was time for the highways.

In Finland the highways have very rough surface, and if the car is cheaply made it will create lots of noice from the tyres. I had 16" studdless winter tyres and with those I was very happy for the road noices. Infact most noice came from the engine (2.3) when accelerating from 100 to 130+. But I love that sound. :D It is not like in many other engines (take Nissan Primera for example: it had this high tone sound mixed with something else that I couldn't live with). But this is more like an engine should sound like. It definately creates those dB's they complain in tests, but these dB's makes you feel good! Other than the engine, there wasn't any sounds that would really hit your ears. So first 100 km behind and the quality seems great, even if the mechanic had to take some parts up and down, they were not rattling in any way I could hear.

Then I was testing the acceleration. Many people have complained that... Well, for me it seemed also quite slow - BECAUSE I was taking it VERY EASY in the beginning. Soon I noticed that the gas pedal can go deeper... and even deeper. And once you notice this, and really use the pedal deep down, then you can feel the power. The gas-pedal seems to have longer functioning area that I am used to, it feels like you can press it almoust a feet down before it hits the bottom. This might very well take away from the optimal acceleration, since it takes time for the up-down movement of a leg with manual. But again, I was taking very carefully - after all I just got the car. :) But I feel that there is potential.

Didn't have any real small roads on the way. Not even the "old style rock" city roads that some old European cities have - they look good, but those make cars rattle if there is anything loose. That is what I will test today.

It is not wintery enough either. But it will be later this year, or I will go more north just to try to find out how well it behaves on winter roads with 16" studdless. There was one spot with black ice on top of the road, just when I was accelerating from 0... Then TCS had lots of work to do. :)

And there will be plenty of small roads also later on.

This was just a starter. I will keep posting more after there is something to tell. And then I will keep it short and up to point. E.g. Did the car rattle on that old road today? And ofcourse a bit more of pics here and around the forums.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Yellow Mazda6'

One pic here, more pics in the Picture forum ofcourse.

That's the "Pikachu Mobile". :D

·
Registered
176 Posts

Javah,
You happy ....
Good luck to you and your car and many many speedy km!
What did you mean by reverse radar?

·
Registered
354 Posts

Reverse radar? Isn`t that a special thing which let you know when you are close to several things foreksample when you are parking? You have a very nice car Javah! It looks so sporty!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Originally posted by adim_v

So, it's actually that parking assistance system??!?[/b]
Yup. Or Parking radar etc. It seems like every country has their own name.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by adim_v

Javah,
You happy ....
Good luck to you and your car and many many speedy km![/b]
Yes, I am happy now... Can finally relax, the wait was soooo long.

Now 200+ km. Still taking it easy. I am planning where we could take the first longer trip.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Y

I must be blind. I can't spot that rear parking radar / sensor on any of your pictures! Where is it? I'd like to know 'cause I ordered it myself.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by Driver6

I must be blind. I can't spot that rear parking radar / sensor on any of your pictures! Where is it? I'd like to know 'cause I ordered it myself.[/b]
It comes behind, the sensors are on bumper. And I personally don't like them... Oh well, it is handy though - in city I had use of it twice today... Didn't have to ask anybody to go and check on behind... We have tight parking spots on side of the streets...

I was thinking that most likely I could get those black spots around the sensors painted yellow, then it would look nicer already. Now you are wondering, that where are the pics of it?

Can you wait few days, I will send more pics then? That will have some of the sensors.

But to anyone who definately doesn't want anything to spoil the nice yellow ass, don't get the parking sensors. There will be 4 black dots on it, because of the sensors. (On a black car it won't show).

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Sure I can wait. I thought they were actually coming in the same color as the car. At least that's what I saw in the official Mazda catalogue. Are those aftermarket parts we're talking here? I wonder what mine will look like. If they turn out to be black, I'll paint them titanium grey. Period.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by Driver6

Sure I can wait. I thought they were actually coming in the same color as the car. At least that's what I saw in the official Mazda catalogue. Are those aftermarket parts we're talking here? I wonder what mine will look like. If they turn out to be black, I'll paint them titanium grey. Period.[/b]
That is exactly what I thought also... And this makes me wonder, they were supposed to be official Mazda6 stuff, but maybe dealer is trying to save some euroes... I will make some checkups next week.

Those sensors can always be painted / replaced with better ones... And that is what I will be doing also ASAP.

If the dots are body color, they would look okay. But since I just got my car on friday evening I haven't got time to check all this stuff...

Later on we might get all kinds of stuff to make the car look better anyways... But first things first, sensors have to be yellow. period. ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

In fact, if anyone has pics of reverse radar from official Mazda6 stuff, would be great to show for my dealer.

I had a chance to tell "They were not black"... And they though that they "are always black". And I said, that I will get back on this next week...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by jps1974

From the official Mazda accessories brochure:

[/b]
Thanks man. This is exactly what I remember seeing also.
Now they can't "play dumb", or if they really are dumb it will show them really dumb...

·
Registered
167 Posts

You're welcome - but you know they reserve the right to change this stuff.

But I think if your dealer wants to keep you as a customer, they should make no big deal of painting the silly things yellow :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Originally posted by jps1974

You're welcome - but you know they reserve the right to change this stuff.

But I think if your dealer wants to keep you as a customer, they should make no big deal of painting the silly things yellow :D[/b]
You were right. That's what they wanted to do after I went to bug them about it.

Now I know more about it, since they took the trouble to figure out, why it is in brochure in body color (we have the same exact pic in brochure as in this topic). And all the parts in the car do come from Mazda, no after-market parts...

The point here is what parts importer wants to import. And the importer seems to be a lazy one here, they only get the "basic" sensors... No any color options. I believe that maybe some other countries have this better?

Well, my sensors will be painted this week with the original color... Then I will get back to this, will be interesting to see how will it come in the end.

·
Registered
157 Posts

WOW! nice car and colour. BTW what kind of alloys you have on that?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Originally posted by Activematic

WOW! nice car and colour. BTW what kind of alloys you have on that?[/b]
Thanks.

Busy with work and testing my 6. :) But I am back again here. :)

Alloys do show on some pics here a bit, those are 16" for winter - aftermarket ones (by Alessio)

Summer alloys are the default ones you get with 2.3L Mazda6...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts