Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am hoping you guys can help me out, this being my first post and all.

I've looked or rims for cars and stuff before but I am having some problems finding out what will fit on my parent's car.

They have a 2004 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon.

The issue is that 2 of the factory rims are damaged, and need replaced. My mom is after something that looks different and is cheaper than trying to get new factory rims.

My big question is, what can I put on the mazda and not have problems with ? I know offset and backspacing are important but I am having a hard time finding what I can put on it and not have any trouble, the poeple at Summit couldn't help me much, along with a few of the local tire places.

She has new tires on the current rims that will be moved to the new rims.

So basically I need a 17x7 or 17x7.5 rim, and I know the bolt pattern is 5 x 4 1/2". But I need to know the stock offest, bore size and backspacing. Then I need to know what is acceptable to put on the car and not have any problems, reason being I have found some rims that come close to fitting the bill, but they are either 42 or 45mm offset so I am not sure if those will work or if they will cause problems / or not leave the wheel enough clearance. The current stock rims are the angled silver 5 spoke rims.

Would you guys be able to help me out with this ?

Thanks
~Night

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the stock rim offset for the speed6 is 55mm and for the Mazda 6 its 60mm offset...

I haven't tried it but I've seen people put on RX8 rims on their 6's.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
OEM Mazda6 wheels are 17x7 with an offset of 55.

Ideally, what you're looking for is a 7-7.5" wide wheel with an offset between 43-55 in a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. The lower the offset, the closer the wheels will be to touching the fender. Lower offsets may require a fender roll depending on the width of the tire. To avoid any issues with daily driving, I'd recommend a wheel with an offset close to 48, which will give you a more aggressive exterior but not require any vehicle modifications.

If you go with a 17x7" wheel, you should run 215/50R17 tires.
If you go with a 17x7.5" wheel, you should run 225/50R17 tires.

Personally, I'd recommend General Exclaim UHP Tires. They're simply amazing for the money and perform better than anything else in their price range.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts