Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>Rear fog lamp (not available in Singpaore so modified at Mazda Motors Singapore to normal tail lights).

How much did you pay to modify them to normal tail lights?

The Mazad6 look much better with it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            >Rear fog lamp (not available in Singpaore so modified at Mazda Motors Singapore to normal tail lights).

How much did you pay to modify them to normal tail lights?

The Mazad6 look much better with it[/b]
Cost was under S$50. You just have to pay for the bulb holders and the bulbs. Not very expensive if you ask me :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

Can u give the person's contact?
Called them ( Mazda, Singpaore) but they said no such modification available at the moment and LTA might not allow it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

Hi Jon/Xterm,

Has any of you experience a knocking noise on the front suspension in your M6, especially when going over small bumps/or small road depressions.

For mine, the sound can be heard once in a while, and I can't put my finger to it. When I brought the car to Mazda, they said they have tightened the undercarriage, and told me to monitor if the problem persists.

It's been 2 weeks now, and I'm still hearing the noise.

Any comments?

Btw. Are we the only Singaporeans in this chat room?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY


            Hi Jon/Xterm,

Has any of you experience a knocking noise on the front suspension in your M6, especially when going over small bumps/or small road depressions.  

For mine, the sound can be heard once in a while, and I can't put my finger to it. When I brought the car to Mazda, they said they have tightened the undercarriage, and told me to monitor if the problem persists.  

It's been 2 weeks now, and I'm still hearing the noise.

Any comments?

Btw. Are we the only Singaporeans in this chat room?[/b]
1) Sound came on for suspension units. I think it's coz the shocks are still bedding in (same as brakes)

2) Maybe wait until 1000km then see? Not sure. Only problem I had was leaky headlamp unit which was quickly rectified.

3) Yup. We're the only s'poreans here. However, I'm from Mazda Club SG at delphi forums. You can join me there. My nickname is BoomBoxAtenza there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            Can u give the person's contact?  
Called them ( Mazda, Singpaore) but they said no such modification available at the moment and LTA might not allow it.[/b]
Didn't have any contact person. Just wife's uncle helped me with it. So far, I haven't even been to the workshop heh...

Not sure if it's LTA compliant but as long as you don't use the 21watt bulb, it should be okay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by XTerm


            QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY


            Hi Jon/Xterm,

Has any of you experience a knocking noise on the front suspension in your M6, especially when going over small bumps/or small road depressions.  

For mine, the sound can be heard once in a while, and I can't put my finger to it. When I brought the car to Mazda, they said they have tightened the undercarriage, and told me to monitor if the problem persists.  

It's been 2 weeks now, and I'm still hearing the noise.

Any comments?

Btw. Are we the only Singaporeans in this chat room?[/b]
1) Sound came on for suspension units. I think it's coz the shocks are still bedding in (same as brakes)

2) Maybe wait until 1000km then see? Not sure. Only problem I had was leaky headlamp unit which was quickly rectified.

3) Yup. We're the only s'poreans here. However, I'm from Mazda Club SG at delphi forums. You can join me there. My nickname is BoomBoxAtenza there[/b][/quote]


Hmm.....quite unlikely I guess....cos I've already done 5k on my car. It sounds as if something is loose somewhere, sometimes you can even feel it on the steering wheel.

Apart from this, the car has been perfect.

What colour is your's by the way, and is it the Hatch? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY

Hmm.....quite unlikely I guess....cos I've already done 5k on my car. It sounds as if something is loose somewhere, sometimes you can even feel it on the steering wheel.

Apart from this, the car has been perfect.

What colour is your's by the way, and is it the Hatch? :)[/b]
Hmm...in that case it might be the suspension brushings that's loose. Better go have it checked out if you can feel the vibration on the steering wheel. Don't want to compromise safety.

Mine's a4 door sedan that's Titanium Grey. You can see pictures of my car in the "Pictures" section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by XTerm


            QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY

Hmm.....quite unlikely I guess....cos I've already done 5k on my car. It sounds as if something is loose somewhere, sometimes you can even feel it on the steering wheel.

Apart from this, the car has been perfect.

What colour is your's by the way, and is it the Hatch? :)[/b]
Hmm...in that case it might be the suspension brushings that's loose. Better go have it checked out if you can feel the vibration on the steering wheel. Don't want to compromise safety.

Mine's a4 door sedan that's Titanium Grey. You can see pictures of my car in the "Pictures" section.[/b][/quote]


So that's your car.....cool..!!! did you do something to the brakes? How come it's yellow?

Mine's a Strato blue Sdn.

Do you know if there are strut bars for the M6 here? though I've been advised by Steve 6er in this forum that the body of the M6 is rigid enough and there's no real need for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

CHY,

I do not have the "knocking" sound as indicated by you. I think it's best you send in your car to check. Get them ( mazda, singapore ) to do a thorough check.

BTW, my M6 color is Sparkling Silver, with a sporty grill the same color.

Notice my rear window have the so call "ripples" effect. Did u or vincent ( XTerm) have it on your window. A while back, patrick ( from hong Kong) says he too, have the same effect. I think someone mentioned it's a defect or something.

It's noticable by looking at the divider on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            CHY,

I do not have the "knocking" sound as indicated by you. I think it's best you send in your car to check. Get them ( mazda, singapore ) to do a thorough check.  

BTW, my M6 color is Sparkling Silver, with a sporty grill the same color.

Notice my rear window have the so call "ripples" effect. Did u or vincent ( XTerm) have it on your window. A while back, patrick ( from hong Kong) says he too, have the same effect. I think someone mentioned it's a defect or something.

It's noticable by looking at the divider on the road.[/b]
Hi Jon,

Nope...I don't have this ripple effect on my rear window, but I gues they (Mazda Singapore) should be able to replace it FOC while under warranty. At least your problem is visible....mine comes intermittenly, so it's really hard to explain to them.

I really like the sports grille...... I had mine fitted about 2 weeks together with the fog lamps.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

How much is the fog lamp?


Xterm,

Do u know whether we can get it elsewhere ( other than Mazda, Singapore)? I think they're charging too much on parts & labour. Eg. to change the rear taillight to normal light will cost me around S$200++.

:zzz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            How much is the fog lamp?  


Xterm,

Do u know whether we can get it elsewhere ( other than Mazda, Singapore)? I think they're charging too much on parts & labour. Eg. to change the rear taillight to normal light will cost me around S$200++.  

:zzz[/b]


I can't remember the exact figure, but it's around S$300 plus. It's the ones that are fitted on the headlamps, not the external body kit ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY

So that's your car.....cool..!!! did you do something to the brakes? How come it's yellow?

Mine's a Strato blue Sdn.

Do you know if there are strut bars for the M6 here? though I've been advised by Steve 6er in this forum that the body of the M6 is rigid enough and there's no real need for it.[/b]
So far, there aren't any strut bars for the 6 but if you look carefully, there's already an integrated strut bar. It's the black mount that's screwed on to the top of your front shock absorbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon
Notice my rear window have the so call "ripples" effect. Did u or vincent ( XTerm) have it on your window. A while back, patrick ( from hong Kong) says he too, have the same effect. I think someone mentioned it's a defect or something.

It's noticable by looking at the divider on the road.[/b]
Haven't noticed any 'ripples' on my rear window or windshield. Some cars have it more pronounced than others. I think it might be due to the use of alcohol wipes such as Rain-X.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY


Hi Jon,

Nope...I don't have this ripple effect on my rear window, but I gues they (Mazda Singapore) should be able to replace it FOC while under warranty. At least your problem is visible....mine comes intermittenly, so it's really hard to explain to them.

I really like the sports grille...... I had mine fitted about 2 weeks together with the fog lamps.:D[/b]
CHY,

When they ask you to monitor, after two weeks, just bring it back and insist that it's still there and get them to do something about it. Usually, workshops are like that. I just hope that they're not like Komoco...Komoco really sucked big time.

You fitted your fog lamps? Did you have to get the Aero bumper to fit them in? Or did you fit the intergral fog lamps (third projector light that's a dummy)? Where did they locate the switch for your fogs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            How much is the fog lamp?  


Xterm,

Do u know whether we can get it elsewhere ( other than Mazda, Singapore)? I think they're charging too much on parts & labour. Eg. to change the rear taillight to normal light will cost me around S$200++.  

:zzz[/b]
You might wanna try Verasamy Rd but so far, they have yet to get any parts for the 6 in since it's so new. Went there yesterday. Will have to wait a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by XTerm


            QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY


Hi Jon,

Nope...I don't have this ripple effect on my rear window, but I gues they (Mazda Singapore) should be able to replace it FOC while under warranty. At least your problem is visible....mine comes intermittenly, so it's really hard to explain to them.

I really like the sports grille...... I had mine fitted about 2 weeks together with the fog lamps.:D[/b]
CHY,

When they ask you to monitor, after two weeks, just bring it back and insist that it's still there and get them to do something about it. Usually, workshops are like that. I just hope that they're not like Komoco...Komoco really sucked big time.

You fitted your fog lamps? Did you have to get the Aero bumper to fit them in? Or did you fit the intergral fog lamps (third projector light that's a dummy)? Where did they locate the switch for your fogs?[/b][/quote]


Thanks for the advice, problem is getting to Macpherson is such a pain for me. and I have to do without a car for like 1/2 a day.

I have the integrated fog lamps fitted. costs me like S$300 plus though. Mazda did it as part of their accessories sale so it comes with a switch that is fitted nicely in one of the spare switches on the lower right of the steering. It had to go back to the workshop a 2nd time cos' they ran out of the switch assembly.

If you ask me, it's pure vanity......the fog lamps aren't that bright anyways. I just wanted to fill the row of headlamps.:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY

Thanks for the advice, problem is getting to Macpherson is such a pain for me. and I have to do without a car for like 1/2 a day.

I have the integrated fog lamps fitted. costs me like S$300 plus though. Mazda did it as part of their accessories sale so it comes with a switch that is fitted nicely in one of the spare switches on the lower right of the steering. It had to go back to the workshop a 2nd time cos' they ran out of the switch assembly.

If you ask me, it's pure vanity......the fog lamps aren't that bright anyways.  I just wanted to fill the row of headlamps.:p[/b]
I know what you mean man...MacPherson issn't exactly the most accessible part of town.

Actually, I saw somewhere that the foglight switch is integrated into the signal/headlight switch stalk. That's why I'm asking :) I want to get them fitted too so that there's no 'hole' in the headlights. Might also get the Philips SilverVision indicator bulbs to complete the look. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xterm (singapore); need your advice'

CHY,

With regard to the front suspension knocking, I know one 5HT owner claiming just
as you did, in Japanese BBS page. He claims he sometimes hears knocking sound when he goes over a small bumps. He's been just for two weeks owner. Though the symptom is similar, we cannot tell if the cause is the same. He says he will ask to fix at the next car health checking. I'll let you know if anything is revealed.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top