Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you have actually gotten the HID matched fog bulbs? specifically any ms6 owners?
any pics installed at night?
im ready to order them, but want to be sure they match correctly to the oem HID low beam bulbs

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
wait til Piaa comes out with spark 8000k h11's before you spend money.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wait til Piaa comes out with spark 8000k h11's before you spend money.
[/b]

so, they're not worth it? low quality? bad color match?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
so, they're not worth it? low quality? bad color match?
[/b]
It's all up to you but how could you turn down Lifetime Warranty HIDS from Apexcone. Yea you'll be spending money but it'll be worth it if you plan on keeping your car for a long time. I don't know the price for the OEM matching fog HIDS, but I can tell you the quality will be less than aftermarket, but your color match should be fine. PIAA is said to be the best for lighting, it's like the Honda/Toyota of lighting, expensive, but well worth-it. I'd invest in some Apexcones from a GB.....

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's all up to you but how could you turn down Lifetime Warranty HIDS from Apexcone. Yea you'll be spending money but it'll be worth it if you plan on keeping your car for a long time. I don't know the price for the OEM matching fog HIDS, but I can tell you the quality will be less than aftermarket, but your color match should be fine. PIAA is said to be the best for lighting, it's like the Honda/Toyota of lighting, expensive, but well worth-it. I'd invest in some Apexcones from a GB.....
[/b]

is there one going on currently?

i see one in the GB forum about a full kit, i only want the replacement bulbs for my fog lights right now to go with the stock low beam HID's on my car. i think i'll go ahead and do it, im sick of the yellow fogs under the white/blue low beams

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
is there one going on currently?

i see one in the GB forum about a full kit, i only want the replacement bulbs for my fog lights right now to go with the stock low beam HID's on my car. i think i'll go ahead and do it, im sick of the yellow fogs under the white/blue low beams
[/b]

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=60084

I read the entire forum and it seems like everyone really likes them, you can also choose from 4500k, 5000k, or 6000k for lighting, 45 being the whitest, and 60 being the bluest but still white. There is also a install guide from bumpin_blazer if you need help. I don't blame you for yellow fogs while you have stock HIDS, an upgrade will just make not only your ride, but the driver even cooler ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=60084

I read the entire forum and it seems like everyone really likes them, you can also choose from 4500k, 5000k, or 6000k for lighting, 45 being the whitest, and 60 being the bluest but still white. There is also a install guide from bumpin_blazer if you need help. I don't blame you for yellow fogs while you have stock HIDS, an upgrade will just make not only your ride, but the driver even cooler ;)
[/b]
lol thanks, but unfortunately ill be holding out if thats what im going with. $30 i can do easily, 270+ will take a little more financial acrobatics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts