Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a place in New York, specifically in the city or Long Island that would know how to install the XTEC kit? Preferably some place that has done them before. Actually, now that I think about it, I trust the people on here more than a service center where the most important thing to them is the almighty dollar and getting things done quickly. Does anyone that has done it before think they could help a fellow Mazda 6 owner out? I will provide a free dinner to where ever you want!

I just came home from my Mazda Service Center to have some things done, including the XTEC HID kit, and they did not know how to do it. Suprised the hell out of me! Well, first they told me that it would be no problem. Then I brought it in and left my car for the day and at the end, they told me they didn't know what to do. What the hell!? I included the instructions and everything. I totally do not trust the guy who did my car anyway. I was just asking him some simple questions and he was like, duh! What?

I can tell you one thing, I'm never bringing it there again! They did a piss poor job of putting back my headlights. There is a gaping whole between the body and the headlights and the actual lights themselves are not in their original positions. They are aimed quite a bit off. Wtf!? Cmon, show some damn interest in your job. If you ever find yourself needing a service, stay away from Country Mazda Service Center. I give those guys a big FUCK YOU!!! Well, I'm off...

P.S. - Sorry for the rant. I'm really not like this. Just a bad day altogether.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
what bulb did you get, the H1?

just do it yourself, bro. you will feel a lot more of an accomplishment that way. when i did my install, i had the D2S bulbs and the directions didin't really help me out much. just do some research as there are a lot of people that have had problems installing it and have asked questions about everything that the installation involves.

it's really not that difficult, just change the bulbs, run the wires and hook them up. it might be time consuming, but not too difficult. if you have questions just ask us. that's what we're here for.

·
Registered
382 Posts
^^^yeah what he said^^^

note: i had never before taken apart any part of a car besides taking a wheel off and was amazed at how easy the bumper and headlight assembly came out! and i was really scared about putting the HID's in myself as well... piece of cake! no more than 2 hours for me, being a noob (mind you, you must have all tools and peices required, which i didnt on my first attempt... )

·
Registered
304 Posts
yea its simple to do w/ the instructions somewhere here on this site, me and this other kid finished the job in like 3 hours but w/ some dumbass mistakes factored in, hey--im just a dumbass 17 yr old and the other guy's only 18...hahaha but needless to say we did finish the job, and it was good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
HowyKaos
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing