Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Xenon Light Type'

I believe I could tell after I have my Mazda6 with the Xenon... Atleast tell what it comes with. Now I don't really have an idea... Of the last two weeks, TIK-TAK-TIK-TAK, second by second...

·
Registered
137 Posts

I met one of those Xenon equipped Mazdas today at a gas station, it came out from the carwash, and for a moment there, i was blind.. not an overstatement!

Do not underestimate the power of Mazda xenon!
:D

·
Registered
53 Posts

The Xenon headlights rock.

They are very intense indeed but they are so much better adjusted than those crappy Mercedes and Alfa Romeo xenons. They suck indeed and people get blinded by those non Mazda lights.

It's funny when you start the engine and it's already dark. The lights first lower themselves and then after 2 seconds "aim" themselves to the correct height.

The front and rear axile of the car have sensors that constantly measure if the light is too high or too low.

All I can say is ... if you can afford it, go and get it. That together with the leather interior makes the Mazda6 an even more fun car to drive.

·
Registered
837 Posts

North American won't be able to get Xenon. Probably never since beancounters are really hard at work here.

BTW, could you find out if it is possible to install the Xenon package afterwards cheaply? As in same cost as the option when buying the car or maybe a couple of hundred USD more.

I am not talking about HID kits. I want the proper HID installation with auto-levelling sensor and motors housing.

Is it even possible to do because the computer management will probably need reprogramming to accept sensor input?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I think it would be possible technically, but I'm not sure this option is offered. So you might have to get a kit, and without the auto-leveling it might be illegal.

Anyway: I took the standard lights, not XEN, and I am VERY pleased with the light from the low lights. (High beam is not XEN in any Mazda6).

Especially good is that the design of the light houses makes the light reach about 90 degrees right and left of the car. That's great!!

·
Registered
355 Posts

Few more days and I should have mine with the Xenon to test... Unfortunately there is no way to take pics how they work in dark...

But the light tests tell that the normal lamps should be almoust as good when you measure how far you can see... Ofcourse with Xenon the area you do see you should see better.

Lots of dark times to test, about 16 hours of darkness.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by javah

Few more days and I should have mine with the Xenon to test... Unfortunately there is no way to take pics how they work in dark...  

But the light tests tell that the normal lamps should be almoust as good when you measure how far you can see... Ofcourse with Xenon the area you do see you should see better.

Lots of dark times to test, about 16 hours of darkness.[/b]
What I like about xenon lights is how it reflects road signs. They are much more brighter and are like screaming out at you. Its really quite cool xenon. Its like driving with sunlight.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yeah, Xenons are good. At least when they are designed not to bother the meeting traffic too much, cause if the cars you meet put on their high beam, it sort of takes the pleasure out of it...:sarc

·
Registered
837 Posts

So then it is not possible for the the dealer to install HID with auto-levelling after the car has been shipped out of the factory?

Steve, you say it is illegal to put HID on without auto-levelling but you keep mentioning kit for it. Why? That is why I rather have the actual OEM option.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I don't know this for a fact, and actually I didn't realize that possibility. But it was someone in our thread about this that mentioned that it might be a demand to have them auto-levelled.

It may be so. On the other hand: who's gonna know?:D

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo

So then it is not possible for the the dealer to install HID with auto-levelling after the car has been shipped out of the factory?

Steve, you say it is illegal to put HID on without auto-levelling but you keep mentioning kit for it.  Why?  That is why I rather have the actual OEM option.[/b]
I don't think so. I know Qx4 is manual leveling and Nissan doesn't even give you a leveling option. So I think aftermarket is ok. There is aftermarket bi-xenon now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.