Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the track yesterday, was talking to a guy about the lack of tuning for our cars....he mentioned that Vishnu had in fact tuned an MS6 w/ Xede...I have no other details than that but will call them tomorrow to get the scoop.

Apparently they have had great success w/ Xede on the new bmw twin turbo

·
Registered
26 Posts
I emailed those guys a while back about the possibility of products for the speed 6 and they told me that mazda gave them a car for development. They said probably around the end of summer we would see something. Hopefully they come out with some engine management soon.

At the track yesterday, was talking to a guy about the lack of tuning for our cars....he mentioned that Vishnu had in fact tuned an MS6 w/ Xede...I have no other details than that but will call them tomorrow to get the scoop.

Apparently they have had great success w/ Xede on the new bmw twin turbo
[/b]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they in fact did tune the car they had, I'll arrange an appt ASAP to get my car over there for tuning. Fingers crossed it's available.

·
Registered
795 Posts
i just emailed them , so we will see ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sent an email early today as well
[/b]

I have not received a return call after 2 messages. I'm local to them as well.

Anyone get emails returned to them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm gonna send them an email today. Last time is took a week to get a reply. Thos guys are pretty busy over there.
With the upcoming mazdaspeed3 and new turbo upgrades we need some engine management real soon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
COBB is comming out with an accessport for the MS6. There will be staged upgrades.

Stage1 flash is with all stock hardware, stage2 will be with the addition of a turboback exhaust.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
How much different is the MS6's ECU from the 6S and 6i? Is it going to be compatible with them aswell?

·
Registered
851 Posts
vishnu..............I'd rather wait till something else comes out.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
How much different is the MS6's ECU from the 6S and 6i? Is it going to be compatible with them aswell?
[/b]
very different. the ms6 ECU has to control all the things associated with turbos and awd, just to name a couple, so the answer is no, it will not be compatible with all 6's.

·
Registered
159 Posts
COBB is comming out with an accessport for the MS6. There will be staged upgrades.

Stage1 flash is with all stock hardware, stage2 will be with the addition of a turboback exhaust.
[/b]
COBB might be a long while. I thought I read something on here that COBB even denied that they were developing an access port...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

[/b]
Hell yeah! I wonder what stage 3 will involve.

COBB might be a long while. I thought I read something on here that COBB even denied that they were developing an access port...
[/b]
Nope, they even have a section on their website to discuss what we want out of an accessport from them. They also update that forum with progress somewhat frequently.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hell yeah! I wonder what stage 3 will involve.
Nope, they even have a section on their website to discuss what we want out of an accessport from them. They also update that forum with progress somewhat frequently.
[/b]

Yep it is comming out for sure. Very cool little map transport unit also that does performance datalogging. I believe the stage1 (which includes the Accessport) will be $650.

Stage2 will have the accessport and a 3" turboback exhaust. You can use COBB's or any other as long as it has a 3" downpipe.

Stage3, if it ever comes would most likely included a turbo swap/larger injectors and a fuel pump.

They might do something with a front mount intercooler inbetween (stg 2.5)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That's kind of what I was wondering about. Hopefully they'll develope some custom maps for people who do different combinations, ei, 3" turbo-back exhaust, l/a ic, CAI, larger turbo, fuel-rail w/injectors, custom manifolds, ect, ect...

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i wouldn't count on replies from most companies until after SEMA, it's currently crunch time, so a lot of emails get backlogged at this time. just an FYI, don't right off anyone yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's kind of what I was wondering about. Hopefully they'll develope some custom maps for people who do different combinations, ei, 3" turbo-back exhaust, l/a ic, CAI, larger turbo, fuel-rail w/injectors, custom manifolds, ect, ect...
[/b]

They may sway away slightly from their normal maps like have a map for Stage2 + an intake but nothing crazy.

They have StreetTuner and Protuner software packages where you can either tune yourself or be professionaly dyno tuned for your modifications. Then you can load that map onto the car. Additionaly, you can tune for 100+ octane.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts