Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am really pleased with the sound of my iPhone 4 played through the xcarlink and the factory stereo. There has always been a problem though, with the iPhone not charging in the car. Because the iPhone charges on all other chargers that I have, I suspected the fault to be the 30 pin connector plug itself, supplied with the xcarlink. I guessed that the plug does not go into the iPhone far enough to complete charging contact, although music plays fine and the steering wheel controls work well.

I bought a cheap 30 pin to 30 pin cable extender, the plugs of which provide a tight fit, and sure enough it all works and charges the iPhone.

Conclusion: The design of the provided xcarlink 30 pin plug itself is faulty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I take a look at this thread and I saw every international mz6 before 2004 need the L176 mod (even the bose one with the 6cd charger I guess), but when I take a look at the seller's website of XCarLink in France, I see my type of car radio facade (take a look here : XCARLink interface MP3 USB MAZDA - Xcarlink).
Maybe there is a chance I don't have to do the mod (yes I can dream i know :p ). So I'll keep you notified when I'll buy the Xcarlink and if I need the mod or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to drag up this old thread... first post too :(

Does anyone know which file format Xlink USB flash drives should be? Having trouble getting mine to recognise, the CD folder just seem empty
/edit actually it does the same with the iPod - it says it's playing CD02 but there's no noise and no files in CD02

Cheers!

141 - 145 of 145 Posts