Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really excited to get my Xcarlink iPod with Bluetooth for calling. Took less than an hour to install and everything was easy to do, thanks to some write ups in this forums.

The music from the oPhone connector is good and so is the bluetooth music.

However, when I call someone, they say the call sounds horrible. I've tried placing the little microphone is different places, moved it all around the car and still, people say it sounds bad - very bad. I was replacing a Parrot Slimline (which people thought sounded 'good').

I can't seem to find a firmware update or anything that might help the call quality. I'm willing to install a different microphone if needed, but I need the calls to be heard, as most people said they couldn't understand me at all.

ANyone else having this problem? Maybe I got a bad bluetooth microphone module?

ANy help is appreciated.

2006 Mazda 6 Wagon. 6CD Changer. Non-Bose

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the bluetooth installed for several months now. I love playing pandora through it on my android phone. It sounds great! But like you my callers say I sound like I'm in a tunnel or very tinny.

Did a replacement unit take care of the issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was unable to get a replacement. I have stopped using the bluetooth for calls, but do use it for music. I am about to buy a mic and try swapping it out for the one that came with the unit. I hope that will help.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mount the mic directly in the middle of your cluster bezel. Between the tach and the speedo. on the top portion of the bezel. The shape of the cluster will create a funnel and will channel your voice to the mic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.