Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the plunge on Sunday. First in line for 4 systems at an EB. I traded in my PS2 and everything related and my Xbox and some dvd's to bring the price down.

So far I really like the Live service. I'm a sucker for High Def 720p movie trailers. It looks real nice at 1080i on a 50inch wide display too, especially Fight Night 3, it's like their technology demo. I KOd Evander Holyfield last night in the 4th round. At times I got lost in the look of the game and it really looked like I was fighting Evander. (actually I didn't KO him, I just used the ear bite special move and he gave up).

Once I beat the career mode in FN I'll move on to Gotham Racing I think.

Can anyone recommend any more good games? The library is sure limited right now and I've been talked out of a few games already that I guess are just not that good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been very pleased with COD2, the graphics are great and the game play is pretty good too. Right now I am waiting for Halo 3 to come out. Anyone else with suggestions? I've got Madden 06 and am looking to get the new ghost recon game which looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeh I can't get enough of FN and PGR3. Madden is also good and so is Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter...oh and I don't own it yet but Elder Scrolls IV looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I broke down and bought one. It was either this or new computer hardware. This is also doubling as a durable DVD player for me (the PS2 is too fragile to use for watching movies). My old DVD player was some cheesy OMEGA that my fiancee gave to me. Rationalization is always great for an excuse to buy something. I was able to get mine off Amazon and avoid one of those overpriced "bundles" that come with all sorts of extra crap and games I don't want....I'll buy the extras when I'm ready. And I'll buy the games I want. Apparently, these xboxes are readily available all over now in stores now. My first games are going to be PGR3 and Farcry Predator coming from gamefly.

·
Registered
423 Posts
We (my roommates and I) got one.

I play the crap out of PGR 3 and we just got Elder Scrolls 4. After my roommate finally stopped playing elder scrolls at midnight I started played until 4am playing, it's addictive. There goes my 8 hours of recommended sleep.

My other roommate plays Dead or Alive 4 all the time.

Oh, and playing on a 61inch HDTV with 7.1 Surround Sound = HEAVEN.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Oblivion (elderscrolls 4) is a great game if you're into RPG style games. Its real time action, a very large world, lots of places to go get into fights etc.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Quake 4 was sweet. I would agree that oblivion was addactive. I had to take it back to Holywood video because I was playing it too much. I had a lot of problems with that game locking up all the time. Just rented Ghost Recon, so far it is pretty good I am just too burned out after oblivion to really get into it though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got one too, Need for Speed Most Wanted is pretty sweet, but it freezes the crap out of my 360. I also got Call of Duty 2 & Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. They are awesome, tons of fun. I have dead or alive 4 as well...I regret buying that though, I guess I'm not a fan of fighting games.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I have one. It's collecting dust because I spend more time in my MS6. :) I will finally hook it up online and play some folks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Need for Speed Most Wanted is great,
Started on PGR3 and Burnout Revenge.
Madden Is ok not great, Graphics are great, game play isn't.
Halo on line is so much fun.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can anyone recommend any more good games? The library is sure limited right now and I've been talked out of a few games already that I guess are just not that good.
[/b]
Try out Call of Duty 2 (COD2) and Ghost Recon. I was against the idea of controlling a first person shooter with a controller (I'm way too used to the keyboard and mouse) but it got better over time. I personally prefer COD2. I got Dead or Alive 4 sometime back but its on ebay now. Not that its not a good game. I just don't like this kinda games anymore. I'll have to try FNR3 myself one of these days.

oh and I see you have PGR3. What an awesome game! I'm thinking of getting xbox live one of these days...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try out Call of Duty 2 (COD2) and Ghost Recon. I was against the idea of controlling a first person shooter with a controller (I'm way too used to the keyboard and mouse) but it got better over time. I personally prefer COD2. I got Dead or Alive 4 sometime back but its on ebay now. Not that its not a good game. I just don't like this kinda games anymore. I'll have to try FNR3 myself one of these days.

oh and I see you have PGR3. What an awesome game! I'm thinking of getting xbox live one of these days...
[/b]
I have the same aversion to FPS on a console. I think I will try Ghost Recon though, I LOVE the clancy games and it's more slow paced (for a FPS).

Another problem I have is that most of the good games were already on other platforms and I've already played them (Quake 4, CoD2, NFSMW).

I'm trying to download all the demos I can from Live right now while I have the free membership to see what I like.
I agree that Madden was awful based on the demo, the graphics are pretty good, but the game play I thought was awful. They changed everything about the game play, I didn't like it. I have always preferred NCAA football anyway but if it's got the same new controls I'll not get that either.

I also have a rule that I will NOT under any circumstances pay over $50 for a game. Never ever ever ever ever ever. So I am only buying used games or those that are on sale.

It's so early I think they really just need an expanded library. Not too much choice/variety, lots of sports and driving games.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I picked up PGR3 and its simply the best looking and sounding driving game I have ever played. I somehow forgot how fun it feels to be 'pretend' driving a Ferrari, Enzo no less, rather than a "modded" Mazdaspeed6 or a Stage4 Turbo Honda Civic SI in GT4 and constantly understeering off the course. Yes, PGR3 is not simulation, but who cares. I have enough stress in my life, I don't need to be concerned with learning how to perfect my 'pretend' driving in order to justify the cost of the game.

I'm kinda disappointed that the xbox 360 harddrive isn't bigger, and that after all this time having a harddrive built into a console (original xbox) that developers STILL don't take advantage of precacheing some of the game onto it. My PS2 screams through loading with my harddrive mod.

Just inspect the used discs before you buy them....all the xbox forums I've come across state that users are complaining about scratched discs, most likely from moving the console during play. Guess we WON'T be seeing Xbox 360 being pimped into peoples rides...

As far as building a game library, I want to get good at a couple games, rather than try to play everything and only being mediocre.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bought 1 a month or so ago (along with my new LCD TV). GRAW is pretty sweet, FN Round 3 is what sold me on buying the system, and Oblivion is pretty damn good too. Gears of War looks like it'll be pretty sweet too.

Just found this online too - Halo 3 E3 Trailer :D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I've had my xbox since the day before xmas.

PGR3 - Simply the best racing game for the 360
DOA4 - Awesome fighting game, can't get enough of it
Kameo - Cool game, not hard, probably geared more toward younger ages
Full Auto - Mindless fun, drive, blow up EVERYTHING, graphics are ok at best but its just a fun game to put in once in a while.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Get Fight Night 3, it's awesome, the graphics are sweet and the controls are very tight, feels great.

Project GOtham racing is fun as hell, first game I got with the 360.

Elder Scrolls 4 was addicting, but after I beat it I lost interest in all the side missions.

My roommate plays DOA 4, but it's not my thing, as well as ghost recon which looks pretty. But I believe FPS games, asides from Halo, are better on PC's.

quick edit: Halo 3 trailer here: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cliffy B demo-ed Gears of War on G4s E3 coverage tonight and that game looks sick - I can't wait!! :biggun:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts