Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cincinnati area... I live in NKY Alexandria. Magnaflow is in perfect condition I just would like to go back to the quitness of the stock exhaust. We could meet at a nearby carx (they removed my old stock exhaust and installed the magnaflow for $70). If you have a shop or nice garage with tools I will trade straight up if you agree to do the work. Pm me if interested

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I would LOVE to do this. But do I wanna drive to OH to do it? The sick thing is, I'm really thinking about doing it. My stock exhaust has less than 10K on it and in perfect condition BTW.

EDIT: I'm in. Need some pics and address info so I can map this. I PMed you.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i would love to trade my stock exhaust but im in illinois and i wouldnt be able to make the drive up to ohio anytime soon. maybe if you want to drive down here i could do the swap lol

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Cincinnati area... I live in NKY Alexandria. Magnaflow is in perfect condition I just would like to go back to the quitness of the stock exhaust. We could meet at a nearby carx (they removed my old stock exhaust and installed the magnaflow for $70). If you have a shop or nice garage with tools I will trade straight up if you agree to do the work. Pm me if interested
[/b]

I did the same things as you. It will blow your mind how much quieter the car is afterward. Enjoy the low end you will now have back again.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would love to trade my stock exhaust but im in illinois and i wouldnt be able to make the drive up to ohio anytime soon. maybe if you want to drive down here i could do the swap lol
[/b]
Sorry but I wont to avoid extra travel if possible

pics

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/storyph/mazda6013.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/storyph/mazda6005.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/storyph/mazda6002.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/storyph/mazda6001.jpg

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Man, I wish I could do this!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I did the same things as you. It will blow your mind how much quieter the car is afterward. Enjoy the low end you will now have back again.
[/b]
i drove my other friends' stock 6i the other day and i was shocked how quiet the car was.

oh well.

btw, matt sold his magnaflows to me....

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I heard the sound clip online, it sounds pretty wild. To me, it's kinda like having the gutted airbox, but only that sound all the time instead of just at 3000rpm.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
i live in cinci (mason)(kings)(its near VOA) i would be glad to do this, but im not sure how the exhausts differ from the 6s to the 6i, i guarentee u its almost a direct fit, but im not sure if the tubes are different...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LapisLazuli6 is driving a long way to do the trade Monday so its his unless something comes up. I'm pretty sure the v6 a v4 exhausts wont line up but I could be wrong never have checked.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I'm driving 500 miles to get this thing. I called Rosenthal service and parts and asked just about every question you can think of on the phone. It will not fit the V6, no.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Can't wait to get it done. Although I'm going to be a zombie from driving about 1200 miles within 3 days, it'll be worth it. ;)

Now for the (possible) drop and the RX-8 rims...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Gotta love the extremes car enthusiasts will go.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I will post pics on Tuesday when the switch is all done. ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
This is Awesome, I drove 12 hours total in one day to buy a Arctic Cat F7 snowmobile i really wanted. Man when we men want something we will do anything for it!! HAHA

And by the way you will love the magnas! I think they sound sweet, dont really care for the fitment out the back but all and all very happy!

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
And by the way you will love the magnas! I think they sound sweet, dont really care for the fitment out the back but all and all very happy!
[/b]
Yeah that's something I was thinking about when I was looking at my car the other day. But later on down the road, I want to turbo the car so an exhaust upgrade for this good a deal isn't getting passed by.

How much more power does it give, like 4-5hp I think? I thought I read that on their site...

·
Registered
536 Posts
exhausts on a 6 give too minimal a gain to be of any notice. they can take away low end torque, however...
[/b]

This is what I have been told as well. Oh well, the sounds worth it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts