Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,
I'm looking to replace my RED tailights and i'm looking for someone who LIVES outside the U.S., that might be interested in trading their clear lenses for these red lenses...if interested please send me a message or email me at [email protected] (Only serious inqueries please)

thanks
Elmer

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'WTT FOR CLEAR LENSES'

yes..the are...where did you get the crazy idea??? you can buy them at finishlineperformance.com..the only different is the clear lenses in the US have a bulge to them..the ones in Europe do not. i want the ones from Europe.

Elmer

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

I'm not sure their clear lenses are legal in the United States.[/b]

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Reading Topic: WTT FOR CLEAR LENSES

There's more than just the bulge. There's an additional red triangle on the U.S. version that does not exist on the euro/jdm version.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

hmm...i haven't noticed this..do you have a picture of it Daveycone?? :sarc

thanks
Elmer

Originally posted by davecoyne

There's more than just the bulge.  There's an additional red triangle on the U.S. version that does not exist on the euro/jdm version.[/b]
:( :sarc

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Who's daveycone? j/k
No pic personally, but I've noticed this on pics around here.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

hey how much did you pay for your tailights including shipping and handling??

thanks
Elmer

Originally posted by davecoyne

Who's daveycone?  j/k
No pic personally, but I've noticed this on pics around here.[/b]

·
Registered
652 Posts

Anyone have a picture of those clear lenses on a Silver one? I wanna see what mine would look like?

·
Registered
167 Posts

so are these legal in pa or not? i don't want to pay $200 plus and then get tickets for having them

·
Registered
736 Posts

If you buy the clear lenses with the bulge and red diamond on the side, then yes, as it is required by U.S. law to have that in there. But if you use the ones from Europe/Japan, it would be illegal.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

what's required by US law??? what r u referring to?

Elmer

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

If you buy the clear lenses with the bulge and red diamond on the side, then yes, as it is required by U.S. law to have that in there. But if you use the ones from Europe/Japan, it would be illegal.[/b]

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

These triangles look like little reflectors, some sort of side markers. If you had the clear tail lights and you would put some red reflectors on the side of your rear bumper this should do the trick.

·
Registered
736 Posts

The red triangle on the side of clear tail lights is required by U.S. law. I don't know if people have them without it but I know it is illegal.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Illegal or not, I think he just wants them. Ditto for me. If I could get my hands on some, I'd spring for it. In NY, it's also illegal to not mount a plate on the front of your car. I say screw it, it looks better. Apparently, it's also illegal to have more than a certain number of lights projecting from the front of the car. I've already got the sport package with integrated fog lights, but if I can find a way to get bumper ones in, I'll be damned if I let the fact that it's illegal stop me.

So... anyone have these rear lights from overseas?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by first mazda

Illegal or not, I think he just wants them. Ditto for me. If I could get my hands on some, I'd spring for it. In NY, it's also illegal to not mount a plate on the front of your car. I say screw it, it looks better. Apparently, it's also illegal to have more than a certain number of lights projecting from the front of the car. I've already got the sport package with integrated fog lights, but if I can find a way to get bumper ones in, I'll be damned if I let the fact that it's illegal stop me.  

So... anyone have these rear lights from overseas?[/b]
im with you

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Well are there any takers!!! im getting inpatient here.... lol...so who wants to trade???

Elmer

·
Registered
272 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: WTT FOR CLEAR LENSES

Driving laws are subject to state, not the entire country. It's dumb that way, but it varies from state to state.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts