Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me know if anyone wanna buy one....i got 3 kits and will only use 2 of them...will like to sell the 3rd one......

one kit can do 2-3 small cars or 2 med-size.....

it's really good....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: WTS ToughGuard

thanks mate!

i applied on my black Merc M-Class yesterday...well, it's a 2002....i can't beleive the difference afterward.....quite in shock actually...looks better than new.....i am waiting for my black M6 next week...and will have the 2nd kit for it.....so got an extra kit if someone would like it and save from ordering from the states...

thanks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hi Black6, This is my first time posting a message on this forum, even though I have been viewing it for the last 3 months. I too am waiting for my Black Luxury Hatch which will be arriving at the End of Feb and I am interested in getting some paint protection put on (eg ToughGuard).
Did you apply the TG yourself?
How hard was is to apply?
and how much do you want for your extra TG kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts

Black6, I'm picking up my 6 this week and I was just wondering if you have that spare toughguard kit left as I'll be interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts

does anybody know about this product called meguiars at www.meguiars.com.au
my friend said its the best car polish and is quite cheap also. about 30 dollars
anyone has used it ?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Yep. Just applied meguiars to my Classic sedan tonight. They make some excellent polish and waxes. I use the Gold Class wax applied with the Meguiars hand applicator. I applied it within an hour of picking up my car (I didn't want to wait for a bird to crap on the untreated paint and spoil it :) . The web site has all the info on how to apply etc... It took me about 3-4 hours to wax my whole car tonight. Trust me you will not be disappointed as it will add a deep glassy look to the paint.

The only problem I find with it is that it only lasts for about 6 months. So thats why I am also going to check out toughguard.

Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hi guys....

thanks for ur replies....I found ToughGuard from this forum here from reading people's feedback of using toughguardand with intensive research, and decide I will give it try and I am very please with the result on my M-Class.....even it's not cheap but I can say U get for what u paid for.....it's worth every dollar..

the black M-Class is pure black without metallica paint and made the car easy to show scratches and dullness....after I applied the toughguard I was purely amazed.....u can see the shine instantly and the most important is those scratches diappeared and bring the car back like they were just out of show room.....and according to toughguard that u will never wax the car again and the protection is bonding with ur paint and should last 2-5 years...and i am keeping my eye on it......it's about a week since I applied the M-class and we had 4 days of rain in brisbane and the car still looks shiney after it dried and don't show up as much dirt as b4....

it was a trial with the M-class and now I definely apply to my black M6 when I take delivery (was told 15th of Feb, but called the dealer today and now the car will arrive brisbane on 18th and by the time it's ready to be mine prob take another week...damn); but anyway....I will be still using the first kit I had with M-class....still got about half bottle and that is with 2 coats on the M-class.....

the application is very simple, I did it myself with the instruction and plus my special attention to the car...treat it like ur woman,,,^^ how i did was.....i wash the car with car shampoo...make sure no wax in it... and then I just wipe it dry. And the next step is to wash the car with Bottle one which is the crystal powder that u mix with hot water (make sure those crystal are full desolved, becasue it was not when I did the Merc and guess what...made more scratches....which i was so pissed off....but...toughguard actaully repair it and makes very very happy!) u don't have to use the whole bottle, after u wash the car with the crystal solution, u let the car dry, then u wash off with water and then wipe it dry. (I think this step is to clean out all the dirt, oil and wax off the paint) So the next step is to applied toughguard to the car.....the way I did mine was I spray tiny amount of water (with a water bottle) on the area i wanna apply toughguard with and then....apply toughguard with sponge to that area like u wax ur car before....it will dry quite easily and then buff off with some nice rugs...so u do that will the whole car.....there are few different way, but mine was "wet application" but u can also use the dry way but u will use lot more toughguard, it's very rich and thick...i found it's much easier with some water.....i was sure the first time..cos I thought water and toughguard should mix...but they do....and do ur second coating if u feel like it....

I did took some pic of the black merc before and after....can tell differeces with flash reflection, and even when i was applying, u can see the part is done is much darker and amlost scratchless....u can still see fine scratches but u gotta look very hard....I would never say all scratches will be gone....there is a deep one on my merc and can still see it...but not as bad! other than that...i can't be happier!

I still got lots of meguiars products from before and I found with wax ing that they last for few weeks or month if u are lucky...and now I don't know what to do with them....cos according to toughguard u shouldn't wax or put any waz on the car...anymore...and they even tell u to wash the car with normal hair shampoo and bit of dish washing liquid mix the warm water will be just fine! so no more spending more those car only shampoo....however, i am still new with toughguard...I cannot say it's perfect but so far so good and I am still very interested to see how long it will last...even for 1 or 2 years...I am still happy with that....and i did ask someone before if i found the car not shiny after few years....u can still re-apply toughguard again....so in long term...that's pretty good!

I know this might sounds magical to you all....but I was not so sure before I bought them as they are quite pricey compare to some car care products...but for example...meguiars requires something like 3 steps to do up a shiny car....and it can be costly or more and u also putting lots time every few month. I have been tell my friends about the result on the merc and I recomment them and it's worth it!

sorry if i drag on too much...but i just like to share my thoughts with people who like their car as much as I do.....if u guys wanna see some pic....drop an email address i will post them out....

so if anyone is interested for the 3rd kit...let me know! (AU$175 plus postage within Australia only)

thanks!!

·
Registered
76 Posts

Nice nice...so how has toughguard been on your cars this winter fellas? Good protection, worth it, your car still look good after a normal wash? I'm gonna get some put on professionally in about 2 weeks after all this crap (snow, sand, salt) goes away and spring hits!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Found this topic when searching for car polish products for us Aussies.Now wonder if Black6 is still around here and if you can report how it went with the Toughguard product as this been about 8 months since this post :) Any other's input on this topic?

On another note.How are the veteran members who posted on this post,are you still around??

·
Registered
607 Posts

Has anyone used any other decent products in the Australian Market (ie that we don't have to mail order for?)

Has anyone had any experience with Fireglaze? This is the paint protection that one of the local crash repairers here was raving out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts