Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so get this...

I am haveing dinner with my gf and some of her friends, and one of her friends tells a story about how, she can unlock her car using her cellphone and remote...

It goes like, this, she stays at the restaurant, and somone else stands next to her car. She calls that person, then points her remote lock at her phone and the other person points it at her car (far away, far far away, her remote cant reach anywhere near this) and the car unlocks...

Im, like yeah right bs, its on different technologies... Anyway, her boyfriend ends up proving it and so does a coworker so im like.. wth... i try it with my phone and it doesnt work and they can do itw ith theirs... so.. wth is going on and why does this work? Lol.

As crazy as it sounds, it DOES work with their phones and want to know how and why? Are they not on completely diff technologies and voice / remote signal have nothing in common nor does the carrier line? Somone fill me in while i go do some searching.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I do know that if you put the remote under your chin and point at your car while pushing the button the range is increased. However, I don't believe the cell phone signal or the cell phone speaker are capable of reproducing the wavelengths needed to activate the remote command.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Or you can just get the Viper GPS system that allowes you to control everything on your car from either a cell phone or a computer.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Maybe she slid her boyfriend and coworker a copy of the remote unlock thing in their pocket to use? That way it just looks like it's working from the phone :hoho:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
Boozted
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing