Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need someone to tell me what the fuck is going on with my car. ( 03 6s 3.0 MTX) For some reason my exhaust tips are blacker than black. And smoke is coming out of the exhaust when i get on it. It stinks and I know this is not good and it is probably soft rings in my motor which is causing my oil to slip right past them and come out the exhaust. I checked my oil today after i noticed the tips and there was barely any oil at all on the dipstick. I reved it up today and then looked at the tips and there was a little little puddle of oil on the very end in the tips. I use Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-20. I have an Injen intake and magnaflow exhaust and a clutchmasters stage 3 clutch and fidanza flywheel. Any idea how this happened and what I need to do to fix it. I already know it may be bad rings but what other possibilities are there? Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
PCV valve? People had problems with it before, it’s known issue causing oil to disappear…

·
Registered
233 Posts
Did you do the rebuild yourself, or get a shop to do it. Were you hard on the car afterwards. Did you just do the topend, bottom end, or both?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I would say its the PCV valve, new engine for you perhaps!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wait, you're the dude that had water in your engine from the Injen, and essentially screwed Mazda into replacing it under warranty by putting everything back to stock and playing dumb. Karma maybe?

See:

i got a brand new engine.....my injen intake sucked up some water and softened the rings in the engine, so i put all the stock shit back in and brought it to the dealership and after about a week of doin a "oil leak-down test" they gave me a brand new engine......but dont tell them thats what happened....HEHE :laugh:
[/b]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya that was me, but after they replaced it i never put back on the injen intake. its been stock as far as the air box is considered. except for the clutch and exhaust cause i knew the injen fucked it up. but i was just looking for other reasons why it could be happening again.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I have an Injen intake and magnaflow exhaust and a clutchmasters stage 3 clutch and fidanza flywheel.
[/b]
Uhh.. funny thing to list if its not on the car. I'm reminded of a forum post that a Subie driver once tried to screw Subaru out of a new engine...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Black smoke is from running rich, and this will make your cat stink also. Oil smoke is white or bluish tint. It's not right if the engine is using or loosing oil. Have you checked it regularly and confirmed that it was full before? Fill it with 5W20 oil and check it every day to confirm how much it's using. Also confirm there are no spots under the car, maybe it's a leak?

Oh yeah, it's like really bad to rev an engine that's low on oil....

·
Registered
900 Posts
It is a brand new engine with about 5,000 miles on it. How is this possible?
[/b]
Whoa! Lots of possibilities now exist that are most likely related to the engine swap. I assume that you have no CEL at this point. Some ideas: misrouted pcv tube, or bad pcv valve; misrouted vacuum lines; damaged/leaking intake gasket(s) - this list goes on, but one thing is for sure - whoever did the install needs to look at it. The first thing that I would do is take your intake tube off and look thru the throttle body to see if there is oily residue in the intake. This would help you know where it is coming from. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
they told u it is a new engine. but guess what? they might have picked up the old engine and put it back in :D after few rounds of beer!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha...maybe. It was a dealership who did the swap. Im at school right now but this weekend I think I will swing by the dealership and have them take another look at it. After I figure out wtf is wrong with it im going to be looking for a rx-7....anybody got one they are sellin???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok well i took it to the dealership and they are telling me the Cams skipped time. But listen to this....

....I took it to a Syracuse dealersip and they did the 14 point inspection for 85$ and they oil level was fine. They told me I would be better off taking it to the dealership who did the engine swap, so I did but I got it towed by AAA. Now the dealership it got towed to called me and told me there was no oil in the engine. haha....well isnt it funny that the dealership in Syracuse said the oil was fine and it wasnt driven at all after. Hmmmhhhh.....kinda fishy. I think the dealership is trying to screw me. The engine only has 4k miles on it and I just did an oil change about a month ago with Mobil 1 Synthetic and checked it regulary and had no leaks.

something fishyyyyyy i tell you :goon:

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
ok well i took it to the dealership and they are telling me the Cams skipped time. But listen to this....

....I took it to a Syracuse dealersip and they did the 14 point inspection for 85$ and they oil level was fine. They told me I would be better off taking it to the dealership who did the engine swap, so I did but I got it towed by AAA. Now the dealership it got towed to called me and told me there was no oil in the engine. haha....well isnt it funny that the dealership in Syracuse said the oil was fine and it wasnt driven at all after. Hmmmhhhh.....kinda fishy. I think the dealership is trying to screw me. The engine only has 4k miles on it and I just did an oil change about a month ago with Mobil 1 Synthetic and checked it regulary and had no leaks.

something fishyyyyyy i tell you :goon:
[/b]
I think the fishy one is you... I hope that you realize that mazda officials actually read these forums and are, by now, well aware of your shady practices regarding your engine swap. I would not be surprised if mazda corporate told your dealership to completely void your warranty and charge you full labor and parts rate for everything that is done.

Karma is a bitch. I wish you the best of luck, but hope that you realize that you are probably going to be shelling out some big bucks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts