Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update on my situation with my car: It's still in the shop. As you may or may not know, it stalls and won't restart for a little bit. A number of you have told me its the TB. I told the tech working on it that its the TB.

I got a call back today, they want me to return it to stock (take off the CP-E and the black box).

Do you even think they tried replacing the TB yet? I don't think they even tried. Now I have to tell the tech how to disable the CP-E box and it'll just throw a CEL.

Can I tell him to unplug the box, rewire the brown/orange wire together and it should run fine but just throw a CEL?

Or should I tell him to change out the TB and quit dilly dallying around?

The reason I ask is because they want me to return it to stock, if it works fine, then they won't warranty it and I'll have to pay for his labor and shit. I want him to change out the TB (I don' tknow if he has or not). If I take of the CP-E box and it works, then they won't warranty it, if I leave it on and get the TB replaced and it works, they should warranty it.

What should I do?

·
Registered
167 Posts
...Why didn't you return it to stock in the first place to see if that was the issue? As unlikely as it is, it's not shocking they want to see if it's your fault first.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
If I had a known TB problem I certainly wouldn't take it in with the CAI on there. Being directly connected parts, it's easy to blame one on the other. And since they have to remove the intake to replace the CAI I don't blame them wanting you to take it off. Few dealers will touch anything aftermarket for liability reasons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
MadMardigan
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing