Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it gets closer to be getting my car back, it's time to start thinging about getting back on the track. i sold my track setup to pay for the tranny swap, so i'm gonna need a nother setup coming up soon. i'm not registered for another track day unti March, so i have some time, but the sooner i have em, the easier it is to add a track day.

the wheels i'm looking for are not something i expect to get from a 6 owner, so i guess this is more for the guys that hang with other car guys. i'm not really expecting any responses, but maybe down the line you guys will hear of someone letting a set go that might work for me and let me know.

ideally, i'm looking for a set of 17x8 rims. i might settle for some 17x7.5's but don't want to. i could car less what they look like, color, curb rash, paint chipping....they'll be a track set. all i need is them to be straight. i'm looking at running either the Toyo RA1's or the Nitto NT01's, both in the 235/40 spec and want to go with wheels that will work well with the setup.

if i can't find any used ones, there is a shop that's local that carries the 5 Zigen FN01r-c wheels for under $200 each, or i can get the wider version of my Traklite's, but those are $300 each! .....but really don't need pretty new wheels....my car is ugly!

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, not in the slightest, but thanks for the bump!

you and Albert were some of the guys i figured that might know people with old wheels though

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I'll ask around the autox guys for you.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hope you have luck finding a set of rims. Let me know when you get your car back.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
plans are to pick it up next wed, but i won't know for sure until next monday. i'm not in a rush for the wheels, just wanted to get the ball rolling.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i just bid on some used FN01RC's in 17x8....we'll see how it goes. they are only a 35mm offset, so i'm guessing i'll have to beat the sh*t out of my fenders to get them to fit with the 245's i was looking at.... i know i don't care as long as i can make em fit. they are a bit heavier than i would have liked as they are the black with polished lip, which puts them at like 16.x lbs or so.

anyhow, don't know if i'll get them or not, so if anyone hears anything you can still let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts